ProLife Rosaries

Ask general questions about OLRM.
This a a public forum, anyone can view what you post here.
Please DO NOT ask about your account info, order status, billing, or specific orders here.

Moderator: Moderators

ProLife Rosaries

Postby Pickwick » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:22 am

Someone told me there is a ProLife Rosary similar to the World Mission Rosary. Does anyone have information about it? Thank you.
Pickwick

Pro Life Rosaries

Postby Mary Martha » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:20 am

Greetings,

There is a Pro-Life Rosary from a group "The Rosary of the Unborn" at www.rosaryoftheunborn.com. Ave beads are teardrops with "unborn babies" (plastic material) inside them (glued together) and Pater beads are drops of blood that form crosses (all rendered in plastic). I have seen the "chaplet" version of this, but it is very delicate.

AMDG,

MM
Mary Martha

ProLife Rosaries

Postby Pickwick » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. I went to the web site and saw the picture and the short video. It is impressive.

Thanks again.

Sam Pickwick
Pickwick

PROLIFE ROSARY

Postby bubble » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:28 pm

THERE IS A GROUP IN CALIFORNIA.... JACKIE WHITTLE HEADS IT UP WITH THE ACTUAL PRO-LIFE ROSARY COLORS AND MEANING
IT HAS 7 COLORS ON IT EACH ONE REPRESENTING SOMETHING TO DO WITH ABORTION AND TO PRAY TO STOP IT

SHE CAN GIVE YOU ALL THE SPECIFICS THAT GO TO THIS
JACKIES' PHONE IS 916 791 3349
Barbara
bubble

ProLife Rosaries

Postby Pickwick » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:17 am

Thank you very much Barbara. I will call the number and check it out.

Sam Pickwick
Pickwick

pro life rosary

Postby suebee » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:02 pm

I have made them by request of a group and they had me make them this way. The Hail Mary bead alternated between pink and blue oval mission beads. Not each decade it was each bead, one pink, one blue. The Our Father bead was an 8mm bead either pink or blue or alternating, with a white cross. This was a cord rosary Hope this helps.
suebee
suebee

Re: ProLife Rosaries

Postby suebee » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:05 pm

[quote="Pickwick"]Someone told me there is a ProLife Rosary similar to the World Mission Rosary. Does anyone have information about it? Thank you.[/quote]

I made them for a group who specified to use pink and blue beads. It is a cord rosary with a white cross. One pink, one blue bead alternating. 0val mission beads The Our Father beads I used 8 mm alternating those also.
suebee
suebee

Postby bubble » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 am

OLRM now has a pro life rosary kit just as you spoke about it will be mentioned in the new "news letter" next month......
it will contain all the info and how to construct it

olrm staff
Barbara
bubble

ProLife Rosaries

Postby Pickwick » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:06 am

I am glad OLRM will have a kit.

Our club, Our Lady's Rosary Makers of San Mateo, California, will look for it.

Thank you, Barbara, for the information.

Sam Pickwick
Pickwick

Pro Life Rosary directions

Postby lindabean55 » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:47 pm

I just ordered 2 sets of Pro Life Rosary "makin's" but have no pattern to follow. :roll: Since it's already mid February, does anyone have an idea when the next OLRM Messenger is coming out, OR have the pattern they can share. In the kit discription, I saw many colors of beads, so think it will be more involved than alternating pink & blue beads.
Thanks,
Linda
"If you don't stand for something - You'll fall for anything"
lindabean55

Pro Life Rosary

Postby Maire » Sat May 15, 2010 5:35 pm

Here is a link to OLRM pro-life Rosary kit which includes beads, #9 bonded cord and crucifixes. (If your design calls for centerpieces, they would need to be purchased separately.)
http://www.olrm.org/online_store/index. ... ductId=569

Or, go to the OLRM store section and enter PLR in the search box at the top of the page.

Some nice, detailed instructions to make a pro-life rosary are given at Rosary Maker's Guide:
http://www.rosarymakersguide.org/proliferosary.htm

This is a beautiful rosary to donate for prayer warriers. Our parish now participates in "40 Days for Life" during October with 24-hour Eucharistic adoration and prayer vigil outside of an abortion clinic.

There is a prayer card (small brochure) "How to Pray the Pro-Life Rosary" available from the Office of Pro-Life in Lafayette, LA. I just ordered some and they are very nice. A specific prayer is said before each of the decades. Suggested donation is 10 cents each plus the cost of shipping. On the back it says, "Please copy and share this paper and encourage rosary makers to make PRO-LIFE ROSARIES!"

How the Pro-Life Rosary Started:
http://www.diocese-sacramento.org/heral ... osary.html

I heard a story recently about someone who was moments away from having an abortion. She looked out the window of Planned Parenthood and saw a man praying the rosary nearby. It made her realize what she was doing and she decided to choose life for her child.

Here are some more pro-life Rosary prayers:

from Fr. Frank Pavone, Priests for Life
http://www.cpforlife.org/id129.htm

from U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
http://old.usccb.org/prolife/liturgy/ro ... life.shtml

Peace be with you.
Mary
Last edited by Maire on Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
LORD, let Your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in You. ~ Psalm 33:22

Knotted Cord Rosary for Troops and for Veterans:
http://www.seatofwisdom.net/rosary.htm
http://www.seatofwisdom.net/veterans.htm
Maire

Multi colored pro life rosary

Postby franzola » Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 am

I found this on the internet and have made one and will use it on my first Saturday Rosary for sure:

PRO LIFE ROSARY INSTRUCTIONS

You start with the crucifix, then a white (or clear) Our Father bead, Then the 3 purple beads which represent the Lord's Passion and Death. then another white or clear Our Father bead.

the five decades are made as follows:

1st decade; The aqua-blue and white beads are prayed upon for the intentions of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

all of the Our Father beads are all white or clear

2nd Decade: Upon the red and white beads we pray in reparation for the blood spilled by the abortion of every baby.

3rd Decade: The black and white beads are used to pray in reparation for the sins of the medical profession.

4th Decade: The red, white, and blue beads are used to ask that every bad inti-life law in our nation and world be reversed.

And finally, the green and white beads are used to pray in thanksgiving for Our Lord's Incarnation, His choice to become as an infant to save the world.

I have just made one up and it is very colorful and so much meaning.
franzola

Postby franzola » Tue May 18, 2010 11:33 am

I found this on the internet and have made one and will use it on my first Saturday Rosary for sure:

You start with the crucifix, then a white (or clear) Our Father bead, Then the 3 purple beads which represent the Lord's Passion and Death. then another white or clear Our Father bead.

1st decade; The aqua-blue and white beads are prayed upon for the intentions of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

2nd Decade: Upon the red and white beads we pray in reparation for the blood spilled by the abortion of every baby.

3rd Decade: The black and white beads are used to pray in reparation for the sins of the medical profession.

4th Decade: The red, white, and blue beads are used to ask that every bad inti-life law in our nation and world be reversed.

And finally, the green and white beads are used to pray in thanksgiving for Our Lord's Incarnation, His choice to become as an infant to save the world.

franzola

Postby franzola » Tue May 18, 2010 11:34 am

I found this on the internet which was designed by a nurse. I have made one and will use it on my first Saturday Rosary for sure:

franzola

Postby franzola » Tue May 18, 2010 11:35 am

I found this on the internet which was designed by a nurse. I have made one and will use it on my first Saturday Rosary for sure:

franzola

Next

Return to General Questions