Love the pearlescent beads from OLRM store!

Discuss materials, techniques, tools, and tricks of the trade for making cord rosaries for the missions.

Moderator: Moderators

Love the pearlescent beads from OLRM store!

Postby OurLady » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:29 am

Hi everyone,

I've just started making mission rosaries, and started out with the starter kit. I used up all of those beads, and when I reordered I went with the pearlescent beads and also ordered some black cord. I've been so happy with how pretty these are turning out! Using the bright colors for the Hail Mary beads and either white or off white for the Our Fathers with the black cord gives a nice contrast.

I package mine up in the small plastic zip top bags and add a little brochure that I made on the computer. It folds up to business card size and has all of the Mysteries, the prayers of the rosary, and a little diagram that shows which prayers go with which bead.

I'm getting ready to send my first box off to a mission group in Florida![/url]

Postby marigold » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 pm

Those look wonderful. How many did you make?

Postby OurLady » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:42 pm

I've probably done about 75 total now. I think the starter kit makes 50 and I've done at least 25 more out of the new supplies.

Postby Kim » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing and posting pictures.
Good job! :D

Postby RosaryRN » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:29 pm

The gold plastic beads are also really nice! I wasn't sure I would like them, but they really look very good. Now I see that silver is also available in the Mission assortment, so I will be trying these. I love the pearl ones, too...

Re: Love the pearlescent beads from OLRM store!

Postby aggiecowgirl » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:24 pm

I just orders a bunch of new beads and they are going to be here tomorrow! I'm so excited to start making them again. I love the card idea you created I think I'm going to try and come up with something like that for mine. I'm so glad you posted the pictures I didn't purchase the black cord because I wasn't sure about how it would look but I love it! God Bless!

Postby David » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 am

May God continue to bless you with zeal and the love of Our Blessed Mother.

The rosaries you made look wonderful.

P.S. I have been using 3" x 3" clear 4 mil zip lock bags for my applications. They work very well.

Postby Marys Helper » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:11 pm

They're beautiful. I love how you use different colors for the "Our Father's" :)

visit my website at

Seven days without prayer makes one weak
Marys Helper

Return to Cord Rosaries