Displaying Rosaries for Sale

Ask general questions about OLRM.
This a a public forum, anyone can view what you post here.
Please DO NOT ask about your account info, order status, billing, or specific orders here.

Moderator: Moderators

Displaying Rosaries for Sale

Postby OurLady » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:44 am

Does anyone have any good ideas on a simple way to display rosaries for sale? I'm donating 8 nice handmade rosaries to our Saint Vincent de Paul society's silent auction and I wanted to find the best way to display them at the table. I have an artist's canvas that I covered with black felt to use as a felt board for my Kindergarten CCD class that I've used for photographing rosaries in the past, so I'm halfway thinking about using that. I'd like some way to display them that will really show them off so they will be able to get the best price for them for their fundraiser!
OurLady

Postby Karen » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:30 pm

Displaying them on black felt may be the best way.

A jewelry store that sells homemade rosaries is displaying an Our Lady of Guadalupe rosary (yellow decade beads, red rose "Our Father" beads) in a shadow box, pinned to a background picture showing several scenes of the St. Juan Diego / Our Lady of Guadalupe story. You might be able to think of a simpler version of that idea.

If you are selling the rosaries with cases, you could drape a rosary over its case.

If you have "give away" prayer cards with attractive pictures spread them out amongst the rosaries to catch the eye of those passing by.

Just some ideas that came to me. Best wishes on the fund raiser.

Karen
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Postby mike ford » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:33 am

Displaying rosaries against the black background should be very effective based on my experience.
Mike Ford
President/General Manager
Our Lady's Rosary Makers
mike ford
Site Admin

Re: Displaying Rosaries for Sale

Postby OurLady » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Well, the auction was this past weekend and it went really well. I ended up using the two felt covered artist's canvases that I had on hand. The church had some tabletop easels to stand them up on the table. I found some pins in the craft section at Wal-Mart that are meant for pinning a slipcover onto a piece of furniture - they're kind of "U" shaped. I used those to attach the rosaries to the top of each board, aligning the crucifixes so the display looked nice and neat. I typed up a short description of each rosary (what type of beads, wire, center, etc) and printed them on 2" x 4" labels that I stuck straight to the felt beneath each rosary so they could match up the correct rosary with the correct bidding sheet.

I used card stock and a template I found online to make pretty little gift bags for each rosary that had a picture of the Blessed Mother holding a rosary on the front. I put tissue paper in each bag, so whoever ended up purchasing the rosary would have it gift wrapped and ready to go if they were buying it for a gift. They displayed the pretty gift bags on the table with the rosaries. I wish I would have gotten a picture of the setup becuase it did look really nice.

All together the 8 rosaries I donated brought more than $100 so I was very happy! All of them were made from nice but relatively inexpensive beads with base metal parts - no fancy sterling silver or anything. Six were strung on 19-strand wire, one was strung on cord with Bethlehem olive woods parts, and one was wire chain.
OurLady

Postby marigold » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:37 pm

I'm glad your auction went well! What kind of crucifix did you use with your olive wood rosary?
marigold

Postby OurLady » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 am

I bought some olive wood crucifixes from the same place I bought the olive wood beads. I wish I'd have taken a photo of it before I sold it!
OurLady

Return to General Questions