Fancier beads with the cord

Ask general questions about OLRM.
This a a public forum, anyone can view what you post here.
Please DO NOT ask about your account info, order status, billing, or specific orders here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fancier beads with the cord

Postby katzdu4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:02 am

Has anyone tried making the mission rosary with the prettier crystal beads and metal crucifix? I'd like to try but don't know if they would look funny.
Leandra
Leandra
remembering husband Robert, 12/12/60-03/14/2006, suicide-drug OD
katzdu4

Postby Karen » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Dear Leandra,
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Just have a prayerful attitude and want to make a rosary pleasing to Our Lady, a rosary that is sturdy and will be of use to it's new owner for a long time.

Over the past few years I've read posts by people who make mission rosaries with different colored beads in one decade. The rosary makers like them that way, and believe that some people will want a colorful rosary. I make "boring" wire mission rosaries. I always buy black mission beads and I use the metal mission crucifixes and centers. I feel that wherever a large amount of rosaries are being sent there will be people who like the bright colors, and people who would prefer a plain black rosary. I make the type of rosary I would like to receive if I were poor, but everyone is different, so OLRM stocks all colors and styles of beads.

Just make a good sturdy rosary that can hold up to use, and trust that the missionaries will find a person who will love it. Plain beads, fancy beads, plastic or metal crucifix, they will all make wonderful rosaries. Make rosaries that you would love to receive, and you will put more love and effort into your work then you would if you made rosaries that don't please you quite as much.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Thanks Karen!

Postby katzdu4 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:16 pm

Karen, you have been very encouraging and I feel better about trying my idea. Thanks for responding to my question!
Leandra
remembering husband Robert, 12/12/60-03/14/2006, suicide-drug OD
katzdu4

Return to General Questions