Wire Rosaries in need of Repair - PLEASE HELP

Ask general questions about OLRM.
This a a public forum, anyone can view what you post here.
Please DO NOT ask about your account info, order status, billing, or specific orders here.

Moderator: Moderators

Wire Rosaries in need of Repair - PLEASE HELP

Postby rosarymom » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:57 pm

Dear Rosary Makers,

I have severalbags of wire rosaries, each with 100 rosaries per bag. I received them from a lady at church whose aunt used to make rosaries. She used to pass me the rosaries by the hundreds. Initially they were ready to give away, but as this dedicated woman got older and nearer death, the quality of the rosaries diminished and I was not able to just give them away without first repairing them: the links need to be rechecked, sometimes whole decades were missing, the bows she used to attach the center and crucifix are not trimmed and wrapped flush. Generally, they need loving care to get them in a state they can be given.

I had some ladies working on this through my parish but I have not been able to make many rosaries or keep up with this project for several years now due to my growing family. We are preparing to move and I can't pack these with me and I do want to make sure they get into hands that will take care of them and distribute them properly.

So, I have MANY bags of rosaries that need attention. I would love to send them to you, however many you want, so that those of you who have more time can get these rosaries into hands that will pray them.

Please email me directly at rosarymom.leah@gmail.com. I can send however many bags you want via the flat rate USPS rates or however else you'd like them. Unfortunately, I can't pick up the expense of shipping these all, so all you'd have to pay for them is the postage. At the very least, you could use them for the beads if they are not worth fixing to you. Please help me with these rosaries. I'm happy to answer any questions or if you have any suggestions on who to give them to please do let me know.

To Jesus through Mary,

RosaryMom.leah@gmail.com
To Jesus through Mary

RosaryMom
rosarymom

Re: Wire Rosaries in need of Repair - PLEASE HELP

Postby Karen » Thu May 02, 2013 3:41 pm

Thank you for posting about the rosaries in need of TLC. I will pray about your offer, and may be emailing you.

Karen
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Postby Karen » Thu May 09, 2013 4:11 pm

I just received a box of 300 rosaries, and highly recommend others help out and take some rosaries to repair. If you are like me and money is short, it's a blessing to receive the means to make rosaries that is even cheaper than the low prices OLRM charges for mission parts.

(These rosaries are mostly made from OLRM mission parts.)
Karen

Postby rosarymom » Thu May 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Dear Rosary Makers,

Thank you so much for your help in taking care of my wire rosaries in much need of TLC.

Several of you contacted me and I was able to find a willing rosary maker to take in all the rosaries I had which were at least a few thousand!

Thank you all, very much.

God Bless you.

To Jesus through Mary,

RosaryMom
To Jesus through Mary

RosaryMom
rosarymom

Postby Karen » Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:41 pm

Wow, great news, Rosary Mom. I've repaired about 25 of the 300 I received, so it would have been awhile before I would have felt up to taking in additional "orphaned" rosaries.
Karen

Return to General Questions