How do you seal the small poly bags?

Ask general questions about OLRM.
This a a public forum, anyone can view what you post here.
Please DO NOT ask about your account info, order status, billing, or specific orders here.

Moderator: Moderators

How do you seal the small poly bags?

Postby MaryB » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:50 am

I was wondering if anyone had a creative way to seal the small poly bags that we get from OLRM. They look like zip lock bags but they do not seal at the top--they have an open flap. I see where one rosary maker uses a seal a meal, I believe the seal a meal takes the air completely out of the bag. I just want to close the top.
Last edited by MaryB on Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
MaryB

Re: How do you seal the small poly bags?

Postby Karen » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:00 pm

Could you seal them with a piece of clear tape? (The tape often referred to by the brand name of Scotch tape.)
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Postby MaryB » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:53 am

Thanks Karen, I have tried sealing them with tape but I don't like that alternative because you always have open ends. I would rather have a kind of a post it pad type glue than tape. At least the glue would cover the whole area, but as you can imagine, the glue would get kind of messy. Thanks for the suggestion though.
MaryB

Postby kenmc » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:02 am

I used to just fold over the top and staple them.
I ended up just buying some of the small zip lock bags.
Ken Mc
kenmc

Postby OurLady » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:13 am

If you have a Hobby Lobby close by, you can buy the zip-top poly bags very inexpensively either when they go on sale or if you use the 40% off coupon they almost always have on their website. I believe I bought a package of 100 for less than $2 and I've been very happy with them.

Otherwise, could you use a piece of double sided tape or one of those glue runners that scrapbookers use? Or what if you used a pretty piece of scrapbooking paper folded over the top of the zip top bag, kind of like the way some beads are packaged to hang on the shelf?
OurLady

Return to General Questions