rose rosaries

Ask general questions about OLRM.
This a a public forum, anyone can view what you post here.
Please DO NOT ask about your account info, order status, billing, or specific orders here.

Moderator: Moderators

rose rosaries

Postby like2cook » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:24 pm

Does anyone know where I can find someone to make a rosary out of rose petals from my sister's funeral without charging a fortune? Or can someone point me in the direction of how to make it myself? I would rather someone make it for me as it's been so difficult doing anything but praying for her and trying to get through the day.

Re: rose rosaries

Postby Maire » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Dear Cindy, I'm very sorry for your loss of your dear sister.
It must be so painful for you now. I will pray for your comfort.

If you are able to listen to an MP3 or download it, at EWTN there is a beautiful homily about suffering that was given by Fr. Wade Menezes, last Saturday on the memorial of Our Lady of Lourdes. My friend who is ill with cancer heard the sermon on tv Mass that day and told me about it.
This is a link to the archived audio file at EWTN:
It may be downloaded here:

Re: rose petals, this article gives some instructions: ... etals.html
I've always been fascinated, but never tried myself (yet).
Hoping you may find someone who offers the service of making the rosary at a reasonable price. The one possible concern I would have is whether your intended roses may have had a chemical added; I've heard that is common for flowers that come from a florist to be sprayed with pesticide, fungicide, preservative or something like that.
I'm sure the rosary maker would be able to advise you.

Peace be with you.
Maire (a.k.a. likes2eat)
LORD, let Your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in You. ~ Psalm 33:22

Knotted Cord Rosary for Troops and for Veterans:

Return to General Questions