newbie knotted rosaries

Ask general questions about OLRM.
This a a public forum, anyone can view what you post here.
Please DO NOT ask about your account info, order status, billing, or specific orders here.

Moderator: Moderators

newbie knotted rosaries

Postby Kim » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:43 am

Greetings - I completed my first knotted rosary yesterday. And today my fingers are sore and swollen. I wonder if this is normal, or am I doing this worng? I rested my fingers for most of the day, but have been making more knots today. I'm sure it will get better, and I wont be so sensitive in the future, right?

Please someone tell me that it will get better?
I use my fingers to check my blood sugars so I'm not super senitive - but still.

Thank you - Kim
Kim

Re: newbie knotted rosaries

Postby nikkname » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:40 am

Are you doing all knots or knots and beads?
nikkname

Postby Kim » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:25 am

All knotted except for the crucifix
Kim

Postby aggiecowgirl » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Sorry to hear about your fingers being sore. I have never made a rosary out of all knots. But I can make 20 to 30 beaded and knot rosaries a day sometimes and my fingers will be a little sore the next day. After you figure out the best and easiest way for you to make and tighten the knots some of the soreness should subside some.

God bless
Aggiecowgirl
aggiecowgirl

Postby Gene Tomlinson » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:12 am

Kim, I realize that this is and old post but since you didn't get many replies I thought I'd throw one in. I sure by now that you have discovered that it does get better. I make a lot of all cord knotted rosaries. Until reciently that was just about the only kind I made. I started of giving them to the Rosary Army, but lately The A.C.T.S. retreats in our parish have consumed most of them. There is not a lot of talk on this forum about the all knotted rosary. If your still making them and you have questions just post them and we can go from there. I have been making them for years now and I make them plain with the simple crucifix that the Rosary Army likes and I have made some fancier one with centers and nicer crucifixes. I usually dye white nylon to the color I want. I hope this sparks a post or two. YBIC Gene Tomlinson
Gene Tomlinson

Return to General Questions