New to Forum

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

New to Forum

Postby RosaryRN » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi. I have been making cord rosaries for many years and always buy my stuff at OLRM. I am a registered nurse and I donate my rosaries to the chaplain's office of the hospital where I work. I find making them to be a very restful, relaxing activity; really helps me focus and pray. I recently found a little book called "The Jesus Prayer Rosary," which describes a way to use the rosary to pray the ancient Jesus Prayer, still meditating on the Gospel mysteries, but with a different emphasis. It is very beautiful. Anyway, glad to be here and hope to check in from time to time.

"Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, have mercy on me, a sinner..."
Last edited by RosaryRN on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RosaryRN

Postby Karen » Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Welcome Rosary RN.
The Jesus Prayer Rosary sounds interesting. Where did you get the booklet?
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Postby RosaryRN » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:21 am

Hi Karen,

It is a little hardcover book I got on Amazon. The artwork is terrible---a real mishmash of styles, and so in that sense it was disappointing. But the content is wonderful. There are a lot of great books on The Jesus Prayer, but this is the only one I know of that uses the rosary. One of my other favorites is Irma Zaleski's Living the Jesus Prayer; very beautiful. Another good one is Lev Gillet's On the Invocation of the Name of Jesus. Happy reading! :)
RosaryRN

Return to Introduce Yourself!