New to Forum

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

New to Forum

Postby carole sawyer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:55 am

I am relatively new to OLRM - having become a member in June 2011.
I am so excited to be a part of such a wonderful group. I live in Dover, Delaware and began making rosaries for my church. Apparently, they were in need, so my charity began at home. Now I am making rosaries for the entire CCD classes and the Catholic school. I love what we do! Thank you for letting me be a part of it.
Carole Sawyer
carole sawyer

Postby Karen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:52 am

Carole,

What an important act of love you are doing for your local church. One of the great things about rosary making is you can do it at home, anytime of the day or night. Whenever I have the time & inclination my rosary supplies are there wating for me.

Welcome to OLRM.

Karen
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Thank you

Postby carole sawyer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:22 am

Karen

Thank you for that warm reply. I love making the rosaries and like you said, I can do them whenever and just about wherever I am.

I hope I am doing this correctly, I am new to posting on our forum, but I did want you to know that I really appreciated your response.
Carole Sawyer
carole sawyer

Postby Karen » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Carole,

You did everything correctly - just sign in, click the "new topic" or "post reply" button, write the message, and then click the "submit" button.
You are now an official OLRM forum pro.

Karen
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

a Thank you to Karen

Postby carole sawyer » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi Karen. It takes me some time to respond because I do not yet have a computer of my own, but I read you answers to me and thank you for your kindness, and guidance (especially on posting replies). I feel I have certainly found my niche. I have complete my first group of 250 rosaries for our church's CCD classes. I am now starting on our Catholic School.
Bless you for making me feel at home.
Carole Sawyer
carole sawyer

Welcome Carol

Postby CrownOfJoy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:17 pm

Welcome to the forum Carol, isn't Rosary making rewarding. I have been making rosaries for over 30 years and enjoy every minute of it.
CrownOfJoy

Hello Rosary Maker Companions

Postby Brother Art » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello. I'm not really new; I'm a returning member. I just ordered more beads because I'm almost out of the blue beads that came with my starter kit. The new bag of beads will be "Royal Blue!" I have made a commitment to our Blessed Mother in that I told her I would try to make one decade per day, religiously of course! So far, so good. Also, in the new order, I will be receiving a thicker wire: M-8, I believe. I just thought this would make the Rosary more durable along with allowing me to bend the wire once or twice more without it breaking. We'll see, I guess.
Keep on making those Rosaries!!!
Arturo :wink:
"Whosoever believeth in me, even if he die, shall live; and, whosoever believeth in me and live, shall never die."
Brother Art

Return to Introduce Yourself!