Hello

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Hello

Postby william » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi Everyone,
just a quick hello from south west France, we live about 1 hours drive fro Lourdes and we are very excited at the prospect of making rosaries particularly cord ones unless you know better and whilst we have never ever attempted to make rosaries before we are very committed to doing a good work for our Lady although I would like advice from all you guys as to whether its better to make cord or wire and some pros and cons PLEASE

God bless you all
William
william

Postby Karen » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Welcome William,

You wanted pros and cons regarding making wire or cord rosaries. Make which ever style appeals to you and/or the style that you feel would be more comfortable to make.

Many people say that they can't make wire rosaries. You may want to start with cord rosaries, which will cost less to try since you don't have to buy rosary pliers. Get used to being one of Our Lady's Rosary Makers, and see where your yearnings take you. Read posts on this web site, look at photos, and if you start thinking "I wish I could make something like that" it doesn't hurt to try.

I've only made wire rosaries, but once in a while I read how many cord rosaries some people make, and I wonder if I'd be doing more good if I switched to cord rosaries, so more people could receive them. But I love wire rosaries, so I follow my heart and continue to make them. That's my advice to you, William. Follow your heart when it comes to making rosaries.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Hello

Postby nikkname » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:35 am

William,
I agree with Karen, see what you are most comfortable with. I make mostly cord rosaries, and find myself making wire rosaries for special occasions, or special people. They take much more time to complete. But most important is the action of making rosaries.
Nikki
nikkname

Thank you

Postby william » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:15 am

Hi all
thank you all so much for your kind replies I will try cord first and see where Our Lady takes me.
God bless you all
William
william

Return to Introduce Yourself!