Praise Him For Bringing Us Here!

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Praise Him For Bringing Us Here!

Postby StLudmillasJoy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:48 am

Hello from MN to all our brothers and sisters in Christ!
About two months ago, a craft with my children, where we strung beads on kitchen twine to create family rosaries lead us to a much greater purpose. I am so thankful to have found OLRM! My children, 7, 5 and 3 (and one more on the way, who will certainly join our work for Our Lady in time) and I have found such enjoyment making rosaries. And I have been filled with joy watching the kids grow in faith and love of Our Lady and The Lord through this work! Aside from full five decade rosaries, my younger ones also make one decade chaplets (smaller work for smaller attention spans). I also have begun making wire rosaries and bracelets for gifts. My husband is hard at work keeping us in our home and fed, but he joins our work occasionally as well.
Our rosaries have found several ways to get out there and encourage others in their devotions. First, we give them away to friends and family. I always have a few in my purse and anyone who asks or I find in conversation could use one gets it. Second, we bring them to our church (many go in the library, where there's a "free rosary" basket that our KCs can't always keep filled, so we've begun helping with that :) ) Third, we have been putting many of them in a priority box that will eventually be sent to one of the many missions, when filled. Fourth, I have begun making the Right To Life Rosaries from the OLRM pro-life rosary kit, along with simple Pro-Life rosaries (alternating pink and blue Hail Mary beads, symbolizing the little lives lost and white Pater beads, symbolizing God's grace) which not only spread the message of Life by my giving them away here and there, but I'm also in contact to donate them to our parish's "Life Preservers" group to spread out at their events. I also make a few here and there that I have sold to help us afford more supplies for our work - not my favorite bit, but I'm happy to say that most often the "sale price" has been a donation made by friends who want to help us in our work.
What wonderful work Our Lady has given our family! I have watched my children beam when they've seen one of their rosaries or chaplets used by someone at church. My 7 year-old has begun praying the rosary fairly regularly (on her own and with us). My children have given theirs to family friends who have recently been diagnosed with cancer and I cannot even describe the beauty of that act of love.
Blessings to OLRM for helping us with this work! Blessings to everyone else out there doing the good of spreading devotion to Christ through Our Lady! Pray for us that our work continue to bring us together and closer to Our Lord!
"He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation'' - Mark 16:15
"Be sure to announce the Gospel to your contemporaries with enthusiasm," - Pope Benedict XVI, Jan 2009 (at celebration of World Communications Day)
StLudmillasJoy

Welcome

Postby CrownOfJoy » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:26 pm

A warm Welcome from Massachusetts
CrownOfJoy

Return to Introduce Yourself!