Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Postby anitag » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:17 pm

I live in Santa Fe, NM, and was surprised at not seeing a guild in this city.

My parish priest (St. John the Baptist Catholic Church) introduced me to a young woman who had given him a flex-wire style of rosary. She wanted to know about the cord-style, which I have been making for about 3 years. She was interested in starting a club of rosary makers. Knowing the origins of OLRM and the information that is available in this site, I said I would look into the possibility. I asked the priest, Fr. Nathan, if any room would be available for such a meeting and was assured space at the church. So, now I need to come up with a message to place in the bulletin, and possibly in every parish bulletin in Santa Fe.
I thought I would try my hand at making rosaries with wire, and followed the video instructions in the OLRM site (after seeing it in the YouTube site.) I was asked to make a couple rosaries for nieces who are dealing with MS and breast cancer. Their response has inspired me to share the talent that I have been given. I have given most of the rosaries away that I made, first to the teen confirmation class at church, then the local hospital. I also knit and crochet, so my rosary production had been put on hold for awhile.
I look forward to the endeavor of starting a guild and pray that other people will share in awakening their faith through rosary making.
anitag

"guild" started

Postby anitag » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:49 pm

There have been two meetings since I last posted. 11 people showed interest at the first meeting, and 7 at the second, with 4 as returnees. We are having a good experience learning the cord-style rosary, and there is one other person learning a new way to make wire rosaries. I will be sending a note to OLRM about the "guild", as we are not going with a formal makeup, but rather like the Fort Richardson, Alaska group. We will discuss the mission to receive rosaries and divide the cost as members can afford. There is good enthusiasm.
anitag

Postby Karen » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm

May Jesus bless you abundantly for your work in giving honor to His mother.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Return to Introduce Yourself!