Hello all

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Hello all

Postby RefinedByFire » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Hi everyone. My name is Joe and I've been making rosaries for about 3 months now. I've learned a lot from olrm and am looking forward to learning more!

I'm an amateur blacksmith and hand make my own beads out of copper bar stock, but I also like to work with hematite and other natural beads (generally heavier ones). I pretty much exclusively bead with Stainless Steel wire.

I live in Ohio, I'm married and have four wonderful children, and I also run a spiritual warfare information website.

I'm looking forward to participating and learning from all of you!
God bless,
Joe
RefinedByFire

Postby Karen » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Welcome Joe. I am impressed with your ability to made beads out of copper bar stock. Do you have a specific place that you sent your special rosaries to?
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Postby RefinedByFire » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi Karen,

Thank you.

No special places, just a few special people. I've only made 3 so far out of copper. One went to a long time rosary maker and the other went to my dad and the third I am trying to sell to help cover the costs of the materials and hopefully re-invest in more. It takes a very long time to make the beads.

Besides specialty copper rosaries, I'm considering the possibility of starting a local guild to make free rosaries. It's something that I've been considering for a while now and am praying about.

If anyone is interesting in making their own beads out of copper, I'll be happy to help in any way I can. It takes a well equipped home workshop to make the tooling, but if you have the capability I think it's worth the effort.
God bless,
Joe
RefinedByFire

Return to Introduce Yourself!