Newly Blessed

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Newly Blessed

Postby brkelly123 » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Hello Everyone,

My name is Denise Kelly and I live in Hagerstown, Md. I am a newbie to making the cord rosaries....but I just love it so far! I have also wanted to do something to please the Lord and I think I have finally found it! My only challenge so far is finding out who and how to donate them...I would love to hear about some other donation stories and how they have made a difference! I recently sent a letter to our local priest asking him if he hands rosaries out to patients in the hospital or nursing homes, but I have not heard back from him yet...keep praying because this is a very important mission of mine! Thank you Lord for giving me this wonderful gift of making a rosary!

With blessings,

Denise Kelly
brkelly123

Postby Karen » Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:48 am

Welcome Denise. You may ask local priests, religous education teachers, or Catholic service organizations if they could use some rosaries, for there is likely a need in your local area.

Another source is through Our Lady's Rosary Makers. Go to the top of this discussion forum, and right underneath the main heading is "Missions". Click on that, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact information for missions currently requesting rosaries". There you will see the names and addresses of missions who need rosaries. If you paid two dollars dues to be a member of OLRM you will recieve a newsletter that also lists addresses to send rosaries to.

Because I don't have much money I pick addresses in the United States, especially ones that are going to send rosaries overseas. At times I get thank you letters, but often I don't. But I always trust that my rosaries will be helping those who would otherwise be unable to purchase a rosary.

Karen
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Return to Introduce Yourself!