HAPPY TO BE A NEW MEMBER

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

HAPPY TO BE A NEW MEMBER

Postby KARAVAL » Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:37 pm

:D
Hello,
My name is Karen, and I have been making Rosaries for about 2 years now. It's something I've always wanted to do. I have a collection of antique and vintage Rosaries that belonged to my Mother. I enjoy making them, and enjoy praying the Rosary as well. I am teaching my 7 year old Grand daughter how to pray the Rosary. She will be making her first Holy Communion this year, yet the Catholic school she attends hasn't taught her how to pray or explained it to her...so Grandma will have that pleasure and honor.
I attend craft shows two or three times a year to sell my rosaries. If you would like to see them, please visit my webpage at kvkreations.net. I have ordered parts from OLRM in the past, and will be placing an order soon.
I am retired with my husband of 39 years. We live in Florida, but I would so much prefer to be up in the mountains of North Carolina, or Tennessee.
I also make stained glass as a hobby. I like to paint on rocks too. Rosary making has been the most enjoyable. I also make jewelry such as bracelets, earings, and necklaces, eye glass holders, etc...anything that would warrant beads!
I am looking forward to meeting other Rosary makers. :mrgreen:
KARAVAL

Postby Karen » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Welcome. I'm partial to rosary makers named Karen. This Pennsylvania Karen has been making rosaries for more than 30 years. Staying at home and making rosaries is a good work that's in my comfort zone. I'm too shy to be a missionary, but I've donated thousands of rosaries for missionaries to give away.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Postby KARAVAL » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:31 pm

Thank you Karen...This Florida Karen is a newbie compared to you...30 years is a long time. God Bless you for all you have donated. I startd with cord rosaries, but quickly went to the beads. I am at peace when I am making Rosaries. I just love it. I can't stop either....my inventory is becoming very large, but I have two shows coming up, and I hope to have them in the hands (and cars) of many faithful followers.
KARAVAL

Blessings

Postby aclarosv » Wed May 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Hi,

My name is Angela, I live in Virginia and I'm also very happy to be part of this forum, but also of a greater thing which is the mission of making rosaries.

I am learning to make a knotted rosary and already made a couple of wrist knotted chaplets. I'm so proud of myself for finding out and learning how to as this is very important to me at this time in my life, I want to work harder at learning more about my faith, about our God and also instilling that into my kids and the rest of my family.

Thus, at the beginning, all my rosaries will be given out to my family (I have a large family). And, hopefully by then, I have perfected my rosary making and would make lots to give away to people who cannot afford and who will be willing to pray it every day as some of you have mentioned, that is a very important part of giving these rosaries away.

I also plan to learn all different ways to do them, any tips or tricks will be always welcomed! Even distributors of rosarie parts to make it easier in the pocket, as I am a single mother of 3 and current University student. However, I want to make this part of my daily life.
Last edited by aclarosv on Wed May 18, 2011 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aclarosv

Welcome

Postby CrownOfJoy » Wed May 18, 2011 2:27 pm

A warm Welcome from Massachusetts, happy to have you among our Lady's Rosary Makers.
CrownOfJoy

Return to Introduce Yourself!