New member from Louisville

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

New member from Louisville

Postby kaye » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:45 pm

Hello there. I am interested in learning more about this mission, and perhaps joining my local guild. I am a Catholic homemaker, and I homeschool my 12-year-old daughter (who is also interested in learning to make rosaries!). I find such peace in praying the rosary every day, and I would love to help spread that feeling of peace and devotion to Our Lady to those in need around the world.
I guess I'm fortunate to live in Louisville, home of OLRM. I'm also wondering if there are other local volunteer opportunities at the OLRM international center? Could anyone tell me? Thank you, and many blessings!
kaye

re: New member from Louisville

Postby Catholic Rose » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi, Kaye!
There is a young lady in our homeschool group who learned how to make rosaries when she was younger (around 11, I think?), and became very good at it! She still (about 6-7 years later) makes lovely rosaries, and also offers free rosary repair at Catholic events. My daughter (age 13) also likes to make the cord rosaries and rosary bracelets, but doesn't have much interest in learning to make chain rosaries right now.
Anyway, I hope your daughter will enjoy it! :)
If you don't get a response here on the board about volunteer opportunities, I'd try sending an email or calling and asking. Just my $0.02. :wink:
God Bless,
--Amy
Catholic Rose

Return to Introduce Yourself!