Hi from El Paso, TX

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Hi from El Paso, TX

Postby katzdu4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:51 am

I'm a 58 y.o. currently unemployed Reg. Nurse so I have started making the mission rosaries. Hopefully, I will progress to the regular metal rosaries but the last time I got frustrated from trying to make perfect circles for each bead connection. I have been getting certificates in forensic nursing, reading lots of books, and waiting for my 2nd grandchild that is due in Sept.
Hope to meet some nice people on here!
Leandra
Leandra
remembering husband Robert, 12/12/60-03/14/2006, suicide-drug OD
katzdu4

Postby Maria NJ » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:32 am

Hi Leandra, I am new too, I wanted to make the Mission rosaries and wonderful 80+ year old lady from our parish is going to teach me and my daughter 14. I am so excited about this. I have some pennace to do so I hope this helps!! Anyway it is nice to meet you...Maria
When life gets to much to stand...KNEEL
Maria NJ

Maria

Postby katzdu4 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:40 am

Hi Maria,
If you watch the video on OLRM.org about making the mission rosary then you will be able to do it in no time. I struggled with my 1st two, constantly redoing the knots & spacing but after watching the video I haven't had to undo a knot since and I can make one in about 20 mins. I also got the starter kit, too, which has everything you need to make 50 rosaries. I prefer the tool that comes with the kit rather than the one with the handle that they offer on this site, too. Good luck with your rosary making. I don't think there are ever enough rosaries in the world!!
Leandra
remembering husband Robert, 12/12/60-03/14/2006, suicide-drug OD
katzdu4

Return to Introduce Yourself!