Hi, y'all!

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Hi, y'all!

Postby Catholic Rose » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:27 am

I'm a happily married, Catholic, homeschooling mother of five children. I'm blessed to be a stay-at-home-mom, and although my life is definitely full and busy, I enjoy finding time to work on rosaries. I like taking my own version of a "rosary kit" with me on errands so I can work on them whenever we're waiting somewhere--in lines, at the doctor's office, in the car, etc. I'd like to get better at making chain rosaries, too, but that's a little more time-consuming, so will have to wait. For now, I love making cord rosaries! Since we don't have a lot of money or time to give, I like knowing that I can still do something to help spread devotions.
Also, if anyone has a spare moment, I would appreciate a quick prayer for our family--especially my husband, who is going through some struggles right now. Thank you! :D
God Bless,
--Amy
Catholic Rose

Postby Pickwick » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 am

Welcome to the forum. Your "rosary kit" is a great idea. I often find myself waiting, looking for a magazine or something to help pass the time. I am going to try making a kit.

I will definitely include you, your husband, and your wonderful children in my prayers this week.

Sam Pickwick.
Pickwick

Welcome!

Postby UtahRosary » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:18 am

Welcome! I am a homeschooling mother of six; and our lives are very similar. I really know what you mean about life being full and busy! :lol:

I make both wire and string rosaries. I, too, have a take along kit that enables me to make Rosaries anywhere there may be idle time. My resources are limited, so this is a small way I can give back to Our Lady and the Church, spreading the wonderful Rosary to others.

When I make Rosaries or pray one with my children, we listen to a beautiful recording that the children love that tells the story of each mystery, complete with background noises, and my kids like it because it helps them "see" and understand the Rosary instead of just reciting the words.

I am happy to pray for your family and your husband. God bless you!
-- To Jesus, through Mary --
UtahRosary

Return to Introduce Yourself!