Feb. 24 newbee.

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

Feb. 24 newbee.

Postby Dr Bill » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:58 pm

I am new here. My name is Rev. Dr. Bill Stilwater, PhD, DD. I live in a small burg called Selah, Washington, which is just outside of Yakima, Washington. I am Deacon of our Parish and work as a non paid educator. I live on social security disability only. My vow of poverty. :wink:

I have been making rosaries about 1 year. In 1982 I broke my neck in an industrial accident and became a quadriplegic. In January 2009 I had a miracle happen. I got all sensation back and can now move my feet and legs. I can walk very short distances but am getting stronger. I am still on a ventilator and am hoping to retire it someday. The doctors all agree it was a miracle from God. There is real power in the Rosary. My hands tremor real bad when I do anything but when I make Rosary my hands are as solid as a rock. I can work without shaking and can see like an eagle. I sit in my wheelchair for hours and really needed to do something besides reading and studying. I am working on a fifth Doctorate. Should retire but then I would not have anything to do. :shock:

For lent I am making 300 rosaries praying the whole time I work on the Rosaries. I am sending them both to the troops and Kenya. I made 150 rosaries in four days, slowed down real quick because I ran out of beads. I am so relaxed after the time of prayer. Praise God. :D

I work with 14 autistic children and teaching some of the older kids to make rosaries. So far they can make the knots sort of good and are improving. They really enjoy making them. Some of these kids are not Catholic but love the thought of doing this. It is turning out to be a great evangelistic tool, they took the ones home they made and where excited to pray the Rosary also. So far there have been no objections from the parent. :D

Please keep me in your prayers and the children I work with.

I do have a prayer request. January 19, 2010 Aunnica, one of my students, nine years old, had a brain aneurism. She is a twin and her sister is having trouble with her sister being in the hospital many miles away. She is one of the reasons I am praying so hard. Please keep her in your prayers.

Love to all and keep making those Rosary.
Look back and thank God
Look Forward and trust God.
Look around and serve God.
Look within and find God
God closes doors no man can open and
God opens doors no man can close.

Mary help us.
PRAY THE ROSARY
Dr Bill

Welcome

Postby CrownOfJoy » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:47 pm

Rev. Dr. Bill,

I enjoyed reading your story and yes I guess God has Blessed you.
I have been making rosaries for 30 years and it is so relaxing and rewarding.

There is not a day that goes by that I do not make a rosary.

I am sure that Our Lady will bless you for all the rosaries you are making.

Rest assured of my prayers for Aunnica.

God Bless
CrownOfJoy

Feb 24 Newbee

Postby nikkname » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:16 pm

Rev. Bill
What a wonderful and uplifting story you have to tell. To say I am amazed that after all this time you have feeling and are beginning to walk is truly nothing short of a miracle. Thank you for sharing that with us, and the fact that when you make rosaries your hands don't shake.

I feel for Aunnica's sister. That must be difficult for her. They will be in my prayers. Thank you for the work you do with autistic children. They need advocates.

Nikki
nikkname

Postby habana52 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Dr. Bill, I just read your introduction and am very impressed. There's a lot to learn from you and your life. May God continue to bless you abundantly and may your work continue to bring about countless souls for Our Lord. OUr Lady must be very pleased and must consider you her faithful son.
"Pray, hope and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer."
St. Pio of Pietrelcina
habana52

Return to Introduce Yourself!