one decade rosaries

Don't be bashful, we're all in this together!

one decade rosaries

Postby nettiel » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:11 am

:?: :D hi,i like making one decade rosaries,but is there a need for them and where?if someone knows please let me know,thank you and god bless all.nettiel
nettiel

Postby raymond gassmann » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:46 am

I have several friends who have requested one decade rosaries. One, in particular, only has about 5 minutes or so driving time to his job site, so he says one decade of the rosary in that time. I make some rosary "sets", with a full 5-decade rosary and a matching one-decade rosary.

Another place where single-decade rosaries are popular is the military.

LL&P
Raymond
raymond gassmann

Postby Kolby » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 am

I am just like you i make one decade rossarys and love doing it i have found that they make excellent gifts for familly and freinds but i am making one for my preist right know

God bless
"The greatest saints are those who express the greatest devotion to Mary"

Don Bosco
Kolby

Re: one decade rosaries

Postby THM2bAEG » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:27 am

nettiel wrote::?: :D hi,i like making one decade rosaries,but is there a need for them and where?if someone knows please let me know,thank you and god bless all.nettiel

You bet there is! Lots of folks who say a rosary while driving, particularly on streets other than straight and clear of traffic enjoy the benefit of not having a rosary dangling, getting entangled in the levers around the steering wheel or the shift lever.

You will probably find that when the word gets out, folks will enthusiastically welcome your one-decade rosaries.

(Thank you for your blessing, and my you enjoy Christ's love and peace.)
Mt 19:16-22
"... went away sorrowful, for he had many possessions."

TooHeavenlyMinded2bAnyEarthlyGood
THM2bAEG

One decade rosaries

Postby Fr. Dominic » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:34 am

I give mine to people who travel a lot, and I have several that I keep in different pieces of luggage. They are especially convenient when you fly. Keep up your ministry for Our Lady!
Ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus
Fr. Dominic

Bracelet Rosaries

Postby mrskp1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:12 pm

A friend made a bracelet rosary. It is simple, you put a loop on where the cross is, and another "thick" bead at the other end. Of course you have the 10 HMary beads. The cross goes through the loop and you have it on your wrist for ANY traveling. Once I got the hang of it, it was easy. Blessed be the Mother of God.
Mary says in all her messages to Pray, Pray, Pray. One only has to remember how powerful these prayers are that She personally puts into the Hands of Her Son.
mrskp1

1 Decade Rosaries

Postby mrskp1 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:20 pm

These are so very easy to make. They can also be used for the Divine Mercy Chaplet. If it is on your wrist you carry it where ever you go and can put your thoughts into prayers. If anyone needs instructions, I will do my best to "write" them out.

Thru Mary TO Jesus....always
Mary says in all her messages to Pray, Pray, Pray. One only has to remember how powerful these prayers are that She personally puts into the Hands of Her Son.
mrskp1

Postby maryann » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:34 pm

Do you make these bracelet rosaries with elastic cord. I would like to do that. Not sure how, although it must be easy with the right material & have it slip on easily. Anyone do the elastic ones?
Thanks,
Maryann
maryann

Decade Bracelet

Postby mrskp1 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Actually, I use regular #36 twine, start with a loop with 4 twistings, and then make 10 3 twists for the Hail Mary's, then make another 4 twist. On the end, the 4 twist, I put a crucifix, and somewhere along the line I place another medal (after I am finished). The loop serves as the place the crucifix is brought through to "make" the bracelet stay. It can be rolled on or off, If a smaller one is needed (for smaller wrists, or kids) you can tighten the knots. A friend makes them, and I learned from her. If you want, I can walk you thru it perhaps a phone call. I do not know how else to explain it. Of course, you can use elasticized line, or even memory wire. There is many ways to the same end. That depends on how you want it to look, or how you can understand the instructions.
mrskp1

Return to Introduce Yourself!