How to give away rosaries

Discuss giving away rosaries in the United States and Canada.

Ask And You Shall Recieve

Postby StLudmillasJoy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:02 am

I have found SO MANY local ways to donate your finished rosaries!
First: My thoughts on using mission parts for other than gifting to missions - I don't see why you couldn't donate rosaries using mission parts locally. We often give ours to our church (there's a basket for free rosaries in the library). I also make pro-life and right to life rosaries that I am setting aside right now for our parish's pro-life group "Life Preservers" to distribute at events with instructions on praying rosaries with focus on life rights. I have accepted "donations" for some of our rosaries using mission parts, but I have a strict rule that those monies MUST go right back into our work for postage in shipping to missions and/or purchase of additional parts. We are a rather tight-budgeted family, so these donations do help us continue the work. I simply cannot profit from any of my rosaries though - even those made with non-mission parts. It just wouldn't feel right to make money off them.
My suggestions to find local ways to donate your finished rosaries would be to chat with your priest. He may have some great suggestions. Contacting your local archdiocese may also provide you with a wealth of information as well. Many life groups, crisis pregancy centers, homeless shelters, soup kitchens prisons, etc. will accept your rosaries.
No matter where you donate them, may The Lord pour out His blessings on you as you do Our Lady's work!
"He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation'' - Mark 16:15
"Be sure to announce the Gospel to your contemporaries with enthusiasm," - Pope Benedict XVI, Jan 2009 (at celebration of World Communications Day)
StLudmillasJoy

Just have to add..

Postby StLudmillasJoy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:16 pm

I just wanted to add one tiny note about using mission parts for non-mission donation. It's only in the Terms and Conditions that they be used to be given away free of charge; not to be sold for profit. So, I wouldn't worry if you are giving them away to good causes that don't happen to be actual missions. We give ours to the church, Pro-Life groups, etc. and using mission parts is the only way we could afford to give in any large number to these causes. My best advice when using mission parts would simply be to pray. Our Lady and The Lord will show you the best ways to use the rosaries you make.
:wink:

The following is from the OLRM Terms and Conditions:

"OLRM Mission Materials: All parts and materials designated as “Mission” are sold with the intent that they be made into rosaries given away free of charge. The cost of procuring and packaging our "Mission" materials is underwritten by our members' dues and the profits from our "Gift" materials. The price that you pay is subsidized by these activities. OLRM, and our members, ask that you respect our founding purpose of supplying rosary makers with inexpensive "Mission" materials by never using our "Mission Rosary Parts" for profit making ventures.

By purchasing “Mission” materials you agree to never resell these items for a profit, nor sell rosaries made from these materials. Any person thought to be in violation of this mission policy will be banned from placing future orders with OLRM."
"He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation'' - Mark 16:15
"Be sure to announce the Gospel to your contemporaries with enthusiasm," - Pope Benedict XVI, Jan 2009 (at celebration of World Communications Day)
StLudmillasJoy

Postby RB2 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Personally, its a tough sell to give someone a rosary and expect them to pray it. Usually it just gets displayed somewhere(car mirror) or worse.

Prison, servicemen, church etc are a different story though.

I carried around a rosary in my pocket for a couple of years before I could ever develop the habit. Praying on my knees besides my bed always induced the yawns and fidgeting. I dont expect much else from others.
It was not until I incorporated a daily walk and pray-rosary was I able to develop a rosary habit
RB2

Postby marigold » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:10 pm

This is from OLRM faq, defining "mission rosary parts":

Rosary parts sold at, near, or below cost to our members. Purchasers promise:
1)To use these parts ONLY FOR ROSARIES GIVEN AS GIFTS.
2) NOT TO RESALE THESE PARTS FOR A PROFIT.

So long as you are giving the "mission rosaries" away, it seems to be left very open as to whom you give them to.
marigold

Postby marigold » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:13 pm

Ah, I see someone else answered this question above. Sorry :)
marigold

Postby nikkname » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:09 pm

As I understand it as long as the rosaries from mission parts are given freely and not sold it qualifies for using mission parts. I believe the goal is to get rosaries into people's hands so hopefully more prayers will be offered.
Nikki
nikkname

Previous

Return to North America