When 1 person takes all rosaries from Chuch basket

Discuss giving away rosaries in the United States and Canada.

Postby KTYKTN » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:33 am

I have just found out that there are individuals who grab all the rosaries from the Church basket and take them for their school, give them to people for the missions, etc. leaving none for the rest of the parishioners.

I know the rosaries are going to a good cause, however, I make them for the use of all the parishioners. My thought is that if someone wants a lot of rosaries for donation to their special cause, they should make them themself, or, at least, ask those of us who spend our time & money to make them for the Church.

Hopefully, I'll get over my anger over this. Personally, I feel this is theft from our parishioners.
KTYKTN

Postby rosemarie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:54 am

jmjtr

Ask yourself "Who am I making these rosaries for?" You know Our Lady has inspired you to make them & that she wants them in the hands of those who need them. If you know that this is happening then you have accomplished her mission for you.

Consider putting in your rosary basket business card size notes giving your contact info, so those who are in need of one or more rosaries can contact you or your guild.

I can certainly understand your anger because I know how much work goes into rosary making and I understand putting your hard earn income into supporting it, so I encourage you to make your anger a positive reaction by praying for those who take them, for those who receive them & for those in your parish who need them. Offer all to Mary & Jesus and joyfully continue in the blessing of the work of your hands,
making rosaries.

Peace be with you, Rosemarie
Immaculate Heart of Mary, Cause of our joy, lend us your Heart+ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
rosemarie

Postby KTYKTN » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:52 am

You're right, Rosemarie, I do have a problem with knee jerk reactions. Of course, I will continue with my rosary making.
KTYKTN

Postby Mary's Garden » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:29 am

I, too, can understand your anger, and totally agree with Rosemarie. Obviously whoever is taking them has a need, if not for the rosaries then for grace and blessings. However, I also think you could be proactive in this situation. Perhaps a small sign with your rosaries noting that the rosaries are for the benefit of the entire parish so you would appreciate it if parishoners would only take one or two. And for someone needing more than that you would be happy to take requests for special needs.
Kelly
marysgarden.citymax.com
Mary's Garden

How is it going?

Postby HolyCow » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:11 am

Wondering how your rosary making is going?
How did you resolve your distribution problem?
How many are in you parish?
I have many rosaries to give away.

Holy Cow!
HolyCow

Desperate need of Rosaries

Postby St Ann's Church » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:02 pm

My dear Brothers and Sisters in the Body of Christ,

I am the new DRE of my parish in Morton, Texas. Every month, I lead a group rosary or Divine Mercy with the children and their parents. I have around 130 students enrolled. I have asked The Blessed Mother to help me to teach her children what she wants them to know. Usually, during our Rosary, I am the only one with a Rosary. We had 12 finger rosaries donated to us, Thanks be to God! But, I would really love to fully teach the children how to pray on their own Rosary. And what is so awesome is that they are so receptive to learning! Praise God!

We are quite poor in our parish. Sometimes we don't have enough money to pay the bills. So, there isn't any money left over for books, rosaries or crafts for the children. With God's help, we were able to come up with the money for more textbooks. I am a firm believer in a strong Catholic Foundation. Some of these children have the choice of going to a fancy church that has video games, basketball, swimming pool and pizza at a non-denominational church. But, Thanks be to God!, they choose to go to the CCE classes! The Blessed Mother has brought me her children to teach! I am honored and am doing my best for Her.

A recent friend of mine, found on CatholiCity.com prayer request, told me about this site. She suggested I ask for donations of Rosaries for the children.

I have both Osteo and Rheumatiod Arthritis in my hands, I do not think I can make many Rosaries. I think the younger children may be too young to try. We do have some older children in 5th grade and up who might be able to do it, but don't know anyone who knows how to make them. Anything anyone could do to help us out would be so appreciated.

Our mailing address is:

Christina Roberts-Ponce, DRE
St. Ann's Catholic Church
105 NE 8th St
Morton, TX 79346-2719

You can reach me any time on my cell at 806 891 5154.

May the Peace of The Lord be with you always,
Christina Roberts-Ponce, DRE
St. Ann's Church
St Ann's Church

Postby carpenters_dtr » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:10 pm

My group will have a box in the mail for you. It may have about 150 rosaries.
Kathy

"I look to you,
brothers & sisters of every state of life,
to you Christian families,
to you the sick & elderly,
and to you young people:
Confidently take up the rosary once again."
- Pope John Paul II
carpenters_dtr

Many Thanks

Postby St Ann's Church » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Kathy,

Thank you so very much! It will be so very wonderful to pray the Rosary with the children when they all have their own Rosary! Thanks be to God and thanks to The Blessed Mother for finding wonderful people like yourselves to help to teach Her children!

Your Sister in Christ,
Chrisitna
St Ann's Church

Postby carpenters_dtr » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:41 pm

More than happy to send them & I hope you receive the package before Thanksgiving! They must have been meant for you. We noticed the box was getting full yesterday & didn't pick out a mission to send them to. We were going to wait for the next meeting after Thanksgiving.
Kathy

"I look to you,
and to you young people:
- Pope John Paul II
carpenters_dtr

Received the Rosaries!

Postby St Ann's Church » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:19 am

Oh, Kathy, I am so honored to receive the box of Rosaries yesterday! Our Priest was worried that I had ordered something we could not pay for, but I explained to him how they came to us. He was amazed. I said it was The Blessed Mother who put this in our hearts. I honestly believe that She had planned this. I was thinking that most of the children should have cord rosaries as delicate chain ones often break even in my hands. And look! The box was full of beautiful and colorful cord rosaries and some wonderful crotched ones and breathtaking chain ones for the Confirmation kids. How honored I feel to be a tool for The Blessed Mother! Please thank all of your Rosary makers! I will take a picture of the children with their Rosaries next week as we do not have CCE tonight!

Thank you again, Kathy.

Your Sister in Christ,
Christina
St Ann's Church

Received the Rosaries!

Postby carpenters_dtr » Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:50 pm

I am so happy that you received them & that you like them. Again if need any more just let me know.
Kathy

"I look to you,
and to you young people:
- Pope John Paul II
carpenters_dtr

when one peson takes all the rosaries in the basket

Postby nikkname » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:11 am

Christina,
I can't wait to see the posted picture of the children with their rosaries. This must be incredibly exciting for you.
Nikki
nikkname

Postby St Ann's Church » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:48 pm

The children absolutely loved the Rosaries!!! I have a few pics but don't know how to post them here.

My camera broke and I could only take pics with my daughter's cell phone. But we will be doing children's adoration on the 16th and they will use them to pray a decade of the rosary and hopefully I will get a better pic.

Thanks again, form the bottom of my heart!!!

Christina
St Ann's Church

Return to North America