Accountability???

Discuss giving away rosaries in the United States and Canada.

Accountability???

Postby Tnt7hope » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:52 pm

Wheren't we suposta be sending information in as to where our rosaries were going? I have been a member for over 2 yrs now and I have never told anyone where mine have gone. Honestly i don't even remember where some of them went. If we need to give OLRM that information, how would I go about it? Would they be able to tell me how many I should have made from the supplies I purchased from them?? Thanks
Natasha
Tnt7hope

Postby garpu » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:46 pm

I've always sent an email...they're all nice people, and I've never had anyone come after me. (Which is great, because I'm a grad student, so I don't always get as much time for rosary-making as I'd like.)
garpu

Postby bubble » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:43 pm

we don't do that like we used to ....our manpower is down so we don't have anyone to take care of that office any more......it's just nice to hear about it but it really isn't mandatory any more

olrm staff
Barbara
bubble

Postby ClaireTinBuffalo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:38 pm

Whew! Glad to hear it's not mandatory! I've never gotten around to letting you know since I started making rosaries in 1997! :oops:
"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess." -- Martin Luther
ClaireTinBuffalo

Where ARE those rosaries going??

Postby Larry in Tucson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:43 pm

We began our Blessed Rosary Ministry in 2005 when my late brother
Jim died at age 69. He and his wife Ginny had distributed 86,000
blessed rosary packets from 2002 until 2005. In Jim's memory we
continued his blessed rosary ministry here in the southwest.

We receive some rosaries from our local Knights of Columbus. This group
always asks WHERE are those rosaries being distributed, so we tell them.

Our rosaries are never distributed in bulk, as so many are. Rather, we package each rosary in a Ziploc bag with handouts, and ask that those who distribute our rosary packets insist that those receiving them PRAY the rosary every day and not simply wear it around a neck, hang it on a rear view mirror of a vehicle, or place it on a dresser as a souvenir.

We provide both English and Spanish version rosary packets. The Spanish versions have a picture of prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe with all the handouts in Spanish.

I deliver only a small amount to various Hospital chapels, Nursing Homes, Hospices and other special places. I do not distribute them to schools
or churches -- they to tend to 'hoard' large quantities. In one case,
school children were taking them all and making things out of them!

So, we are VERY selective on quantities and placement! We are also always in need of rosaries to keep our ministry going.

God Bless all of you .... Larry in Tucson, Arizona
Larry in Tucson

Where ARE those rosaries going??

Postby Larry in Tucson » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:44 pm

We began our Blessed Rosary Ministry in 2005 when my late brother
Jim died at age 69. He and his wife Ginny had distributed 86,000
blessed rosary packets from 2002 until 2005. In Jim's memory we
continued his blessed rosary ministry here in the southwest.

We receive some rosaries from our local Knights of Columbus. This group
always asks WHERE are those rosaries being distributed, so we tell them.

Our rosaries are never distributed in bulk, as so many are. Rather, we package each rosary in a Ziploc bag with handouts, and ask that those who distribute our rosary packets insist that those receiving them PRAY the rosary every day and not simply wear it around a neck, hang it on a rear view mirror of a vehicle, or place it on a dresser as a souvenir.

We provide both English and Spanish version rosary packets. The Spanish versions have a picture of prayer to Our Lady of Guadalupe with all the handouts in Spanish.

I deliver only a small amount to various Hospital chapels, Nursing Homes, Hospices and other special places. I do not distribute them to schools
or churches -- they to tend to 'hoard' large quantities. In one case,
school children were taking them all and making things out of them!

So, we are VERY selective on quantities and placement! We are also always in need of rosaries to keep our ministry going.

God Bless all of you .... Larry in Tucson, Arizona
Larry in Tucson

Return to North America