Rosaries to Haiti

Discuss giving rosaries to foreign missonaries. Ask and answer questions about customs, duties, mailing options, and your recent communications with the foreign missions.

Rosaries to Haiti

Postby elizabeth plausky » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:23 pm

Hello, I would like to know if anyone is in need of rosaries to send to Haiti. I have some...I'm not very 'fast' but I work on them all throughout my day. I am awaiting shoulder surgery and am cranking out as many as I can while I wait. I'm 61 y/o and would love to help the people of Haiti.

Thanks for reading this!
fran
But for the Grace of God go I
elizabeth plausky

Rosaries for Haiti, I was about to post the same topic!

Postby bbbOK » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:10 am

Right now the people of Haiti are in need of the most basic of life-saving services and supplies. Some are still waiting for that while others have had that help reach them and are even beginning to receive cooking sets and other items meant to help restore some semblance of normal life function, as they live in their tent encampments: Two million homeless, at the lastest estimate!

WHAT a merciful uplift for this largely Catholic nation it could and would be if they could pray the Rosary, obtain all the mercies and grace and peace it affords during this time of horror and dire need! We know that millions of Haitians have lost everything. I see them on TV singing hymns in the camps and hospitals to encourage themselves and others. I am touched by their faith and spirit. I think most would greatly appreciate having a rosary.

Does anyone know of any way Rosaries could get to these people and be distributed?

I got the impression that the Haitian Church was nearly wiped out. Is there a way of contacting any members of the Haitian clergy still functioning?

Aid organizations: There are so many, the Red Cross, etc.... Even the U.S. military is showing great sensitivity to the culture of the people of Haiti -- even they might be open to distributing Rosaries with aid packages if they were told how much it means to devout Catholics.

Anyone in this forum know any one who has any contacts?

I think this is something we should persevere in as the need will not just go away in the many weeks and months to come.

Peace be with you.
Becky
bbbOK

An answer!! :)

Postby bbbOK » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:04 am

I found these answers to the same question on Rosary Army's (Ning) forum:

>Permalink Reply by Kathy Welsh 17 hours ago
>On the Our Lady Rosary forum there are 2 places listed to send rosaries >to Haiti

Missionaries of Charity
Sr. Mahima
727 NW 17th St
Miami, FL 33136

Elicio Arguelles
Rosaries for Haiti
731 SW 98 Place Cir
Miami, FL 33174

AND

>Reply by Kathy Welsh 1 day ago
What about the Catholic Relief Services? 888-277-7575

----------------

The "IEllico Arguilles" looks good. I wish there was a way to confirm what kind of organizations these are but at least it's something.

If one of these is workable, then Oh Boy, they could use all the rosaries we can possibly send. :)

Thanks be to God!
Becky
bbbOK

Postby Karen » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:04 pm

If you go to the OLRM Announcements forum you'll see that the site administrator, David Ford, has posted these same two addresses for sending rosaries to Haiti. I would take that to mean that Our Lady's Rosary Makers approves of these organizations, and they are trustworthy.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Oops, and thank you <sheepish>

Postby bbbOK » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Yikes, I was over zealous and over hasty at the same time. :oops: I should have been more thorough before rushing into posting.

Karen, thank you so much for pointing this out to me. It's useful in the way you indicated (OLRM trusts these sites) and helpful in correcting how I go about things. :)
Becky
bbbOK

Postby Karen » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:03 am

Don't worry, Becky, you didn't do anything wrong by posting the addresses in a different place. People go to different forums, so if information is posted on more than one place, it will mean more people will see it.

I just let you know about the other posting so that you'd know they were likely to be good addresses.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Re: Rosaries to Haiti

Postby MaryB » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:35 am

Is it possible to slip a How to Say the Rosary tri-fold in with the rosary? If so, what language would it be in and where would you get it? Does OLRM have the How to Say the Rosary tri-fold in their language?
MaryB

Return to Foreign Missions