New Post Office Customs Declaration form - HELP!!

Discuss giving rosaries to foreign missonaries. Ask and answer questions about customs, duties, mailing options, and your recent communications with the foreign missions.

New Post Office Customs Declaration form - HELP!!

Postby lindabean55 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm trying to mail plastic mission cord rosaries to India, Africa, Malawi & other missions, and have found a new form I'm supposed to fill out for the Post Office with reference to U.S. Census & Foreign Trade coding numbers. I guess I'm a little dense as I can't find anything relating to what I'm mailing, on the code list. What are y'all using on this form?
And PLEASE tell me if you have found a simpler way of mailing them out. My Rosary Group at church have been producing about 250 a month, and they are starting to stack up in my house, as I can't figure out how to send them overseas.
HELP!
"If you don't stand for something - You'll fall for anything"
lindabean55

Postby David Ford » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:52 pm

For anyone interested, if you are using the new Customs Declaration form, you should be able to put NOEEI §30.37 in the EEL/PFC code box, which is for low value shipments outside of Canada. If you are sending something to Canada, use NOEEI §30.36. Hope this helps.
David Ford
Site Admin

Don't need to use new Customs form at USPS

Postby lindabean55 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:06 pm

After 3 frustrating trips to my local post office, trying to mail a Flat Rate Priority Mail envelope overseas, I finally got the Post Master. He was totally confused about what I was trying to do (even though I'd been doing it there for the past 2 years). But I was armed with print outs from the USPS site telling what package had what restrictions, what size & weight requirements, and what the cost was. He basically told me the print outs from the USPS site were wrong. I had the new declaration forms filled out with Davids help (from OLRM) with all the right Customs numbers, but the Post Office computer rejected it. So he tried the old little green form. And, guess what, the computer accepted it. He didn't seem to know why, but it told him the postage and accepted the package. So -HOORAY - I FINALLY got the rosaries mailed off. The clerk who had originally misinformed me told the Post Master he was going to have to explain it to her "in case she (me) comes back". I told her I had a huge stockpile waiting to go out, so I'd definitely be back. So all my confusion was to no avail. THE USPS FORM HAS NOT CHANGED FOR FLAT RATE PRIORITY MAIL ENVELOPES. IT'S STILL THE LITTLE GREEN ONE!
David, thanks for your prompt response any way. You were my island of sanity in a growingly insane situation. :mrgreen:
"If you don't stand for something - You'll fall for anything"
lindabean55

Re: New Post Office Customs Declaration form - HELP!!

Postby justfeathers » Tue May 25, 2010 8:07 pm

[quote="lindabean55"]I'm trying to mail plastic mission cord rosaries to India, Africa, Malawi & other missions, and have found a new form I'm supposed to fill out for the Post Office with reference to U.S. Census & Foreign Trade coding numbers. I guess I'm a little dense as I can't find anything relating to what I'm mailing, on the code list. What are y'all using on this form?
And PLEASE tell me if you have found a simpler way of mailing them out. My Rosary Group at church have been producing about 250 a month, and they are starting to stack up in my house, as I can't figure out how to send them overseas.
HELP![/quote] Go to your post office and ask for help. I have relied on mine so much they know me when I drive up ! LOL. Most are very willling to help you. . Good luck , Karen
We are thankful for what we have done that is good today, and hope we do better tomorrow
justfeathers

Postby justfeathers » Tue May 25, 2010 8:11 pm

[quote="lindabean55"]I'm trying to mail plastic mission cord rosaries to India, Africa, Malawi & other missions, and have found a new form I'm supposed to fill out for the Post Office with reference to U.S. Census & Foreign Trade coding numbers. I guess I'm a little dense as I can't find anything relating to what I'm mailing, on the code list. What are y'all using on this form?
HELP![/quote] Since we recieved the message that they have to pay so much for rosaries over 4 pounds, my post office weighed them for me. I can send 120 rosaries in a Medium flat rate box, boxed in small flat rate boxes and the foam "pop corn" for filler, for $13 vs $60 +
We are thankful for what we have done that is good today, and hope we do better tomorrow
justfeathers

Postby justfeathers » Tue May 25, 2010 8:13 pm

[quote="justfeathers"][quote="lindabean55"]I'm trying to mail plastic mission cord rosaries to India, Africa, Malawi & other missions, and have found a new form I'm supposed to fill out for the Post Office with reference to U.S. Census & Foreign Trade coding numbers. I guess I'm a little dense as I can't find anything relating to what I'm mailing, on the code list. What are y'all using on this form?
HELP![/quote] Since we recieved the message that they have to pay so much for rosaries over 4 pounds, my post office weighed them for me. I can send 120 rosaries in a Medium flat rate box, boxed in small flat rate boxes and the foam "pop corn" for filler, for $13 vs $60 +[/quote] They gave me the white forms and I didn't have any problem, but you have to press hard to get the print to go through.
justfeathers

Return to Foreign Missions