Does postage to different countries cost different amounts?

Discuss giving rosaries to foreign missonaries. Ask and answer questions about customs, duties, mailing options, and your recent communications with the foreign missions.

Does postage to different countries cost different amounts?

Postby Saint_Gemma_Galgani » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:55 pm

Does postage to different countries cost different amounts? :?:
Saint_Gemma_Galgani

Postby OLRM » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:22 pm

Yes is the simple answer. The farther the package goes, and the heavier the weight, the more expensive it is.

We generally recommed that you mail you rosaries to foreign missions in lots of 300. This will fill up a USPS Flat Rate box that will cost $38 to mail regardless of where it is being sent outside of North America.

This is generally the lowest per rosary cost that you will find.
OLRM Staff
OLRM International Center
Louisville, KY | USA
OLRM
Site Admin

Postby Saint_Gemma_Galgani » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:15 pm

OLRM wrote:Yes is the simple answer. The farther the package goes, and the heavier the weight, the more expensive it is.

We generally recommed that you mail you rosaries to foreign missions in lots of 300. This will fill up a USPS Flat Rate box that will cost $38 to mail regardless of where it is being sent outside of North America.

This is generally the lowest per rosary cost that you will find.

Thank you!
Saint_Gemma_Galgani

Contradictions

Postby Don Quixote » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:16 am

The recommendation for 300 rosaries per shipment contradicts statements elsewhere indicating that missionaries tend to prefer 100 at a time and cautions not to oversupply. Please clarify.

It might be helpful if you could give us an idea of which countries are most likely to present duty problems so that they can be supplied more lightly to avoid the tariffs. Do we have any information of this nature.

Thank you.
Don Quixote

100 Rosaries in a Priority Flat Rate Envelope

Postby lindabean55 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:22 pm

I send all my over seas rosary mailings in a Priority Flat Rate cardboard envelope that is a little bigger than letter size. It MUST be Priority Flat Rate as there are width restrictions on 1st Class envelopes. I can get 100 Rosaries and a letter in the cardboard envelope and then I reinforce the seal, edges & corners with clear 2 inch packing tape. Additionally, I put a clear piece of tape over the address I'm sending it to. I leave space on the back to attach the Customs Declaration form. My only problem is that I'm having trouble figuring out all the boxes on the new form.
Hope you get to send out lots of rosaries.
Linda Mc
"If you don't stand for something - You'll fall for anything"
lindabean55

find out cost of postage prior to Post Office trip

Postby lindabean55 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:42 am

Go the the USPS site and click on the International Shipping box. It will take you to a site that will help you know your postage ahead of time. Also you can save some $$ if you print up the postage at home and stick it on yourself. You MUST know how much your package weights, but as long as it is less than 4 pounds, you can ship most anywhere Internationally, in a Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope (holds 100 rosaries & weights 2.5 pounds) for less than $13. There are a few restricted countries, but USPS has that list on their site, and also describes the restrictions.
Good Luck!
"If you don't stand for something - You'll fall for anything"
lindabean55

Return to Foreign Missions