message from Africa

Discuss giving rosaries to foreign missonaries. Ask and answer questions about customs, duties, mailing options, and your recent communications with the foreign missions.

message from Africa

Postby nancy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:55 pm

Shalom. I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude for the parcel of rosaries revieved end of this year. Thank you so much. You have been more than kind. The people of Assisi, both the students and parishioners are thanking you and have offered several prayers for you and the family. They were really touched by your gesture (to send "seeds for peace"). I have explained everything to them as you had mentioned and you have been an angel. .....
THe students responded very postivetly to the lessons and prayers. I devoted more of my time with them this year than before and I was so happy with the responce, reactions and outcomes for the students. ....
(In Zimbabwae there was a teachers strike and a civil war)
During that week the teachers went on strike from the school, the students chose on their own use the time to take turns praying the rosary everyday, praying for our nation and food mostly. ...
May God bless you with His abundant graces in all your endeavours and may Our Blessed Lady also interceed for you and your family in all your intentions now and forever. Until we write again, may the Lord bless you and keep you all in the palm of His hand.
Sr Rujeko, Muchabaiwa LCBL

I recieved this letter today. I always send a short personal letter with each parcel I send. When I recieve letters from Sr Rujeko or Sr Ablertina I am humbled. These letters are both a source of joy and sorrow. Joy knowing that my service to Our Blessed Mother is really helping heal souls and sorrow knowing that others are in great need.

Please feel free to share this with others at your parish and hopefully others will want to help us spread the good news.
nancy

Postby rosemarie » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:20 pm

jmjtr

Thank you so very much, Nancy, for sharing this beautiful letter. It helps to make one realize the importance of the work of rosary making and very humbling of the beautiful faith of the poor.

May we all be blessed with such simple, child like faith in the face of suffering.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, Cause of our joy, lend us your Heart+ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
rosemarie

Return to Foreign Missions