OLRM Mission Network - Economical Rosary Distribution

Discuss giving rosaries to foreign missonaries. Ask and answer questions about customs, duties, mailing options, and your recent communications with the foreign missions.

OLRM Mission Network - Economical Rosary Distribution

Postby FJ_JJ » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:47 pm

Hello,

I live in Omaha NE, and I love making rosaries to send to the overseas missions. Recently, I have encoutnered a couple issues in making donations: (1) I have not had much time to make rosaries, so it takes longer to build up a good number to send overseas, and (2) it is so expensive to send rosaries overseas and it is not really economical unless you are sending over lots of rosaries.

I know the overseas missions really need these rosaries, and I want to support. My question is are there individuals or groups in the US who regulary send bulk shipment of rosaries overseas who would be able to add the twenty or so I can do a month to their shipment if I mail them to you? All I really want to know is where they are going (I like to keep track for record keeping purposes).

Or does OLRM send roaries to the overseas missions themselves, and could I just send them into OLRM for distribution overseas? Again, I just want to know generally where they are going.

If I could do this, then I would not have rosaries sitting in my house for months while I am slowly building up a pile to send - they would be getting into the hands of people faster.

Please let me know of any ideas.

Thanks.

FJ_JJ
FJ_JJ

Postby rosemarie » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:13 am

jmjtr

I know that you can send your rosaries to OLRM and they will include them in their shipments.

If you like you are welcome to send your rosaries to me. I would be happy to include them with one of our packages. My family guild has nearly 200 ready to go and my church guild has completed their 1st 100, in only 2 weeks. Both groups have been blessed with generous donors and have the means to send these rosaries. We would be happy to include yours with ours for the missions.

If you are interested in my offer please send a personal message, I will send you all the necessary info and wait to ship until I receive your package.

My offer is open to anyone in this forum community, for the love of Our Lady and the missionaries who serve her children among the poorest of the poor.
Immaculate Heart of Mary, Cause of our joy, lend us your Heart+ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
rosemarie

same thoughts

Postby nettiel » Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:46 pm

i too would like to make prayer beads to send over seas,but how?where can i get the supplys i need to do it?keep me up to date please,god bless. nettie,let me know about donations also.i would really like to know :D
nettiel

Postby Ms. Destiny » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:54 am

It's inspiring to know like you who's interested to know, findout about rosary making and how to donate them. I can share with you some information that I already know. I use following materials or supplies:
-plastic beads come in different colors item # is M5. -Crucifix plastic item # M1 or M51 (choice of colors).- cord tool (blue) item #CT. - bond white nylon cord item #M20B. These are the cheapest. Please visit OLRM website to get more details. You will find also a video a step by step instructions who to make the rosary. About where to donate, you'll find this info on the website. Everything you need to know about making the rosary, mailing instructions, places who request them, others related. You can use any material of your choice by visiting the online store. Hope this helps. Good Luck and may God reward you.
Ms. Destiny

Postby patricia rita » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:47 pm

I Live in Indonesia, I have made thousands rosary to give it away to Borneo in Kalimantan and Nabire in Papua ( the small village in Indonesia).I received the crucific from my friend in australia before, but she is no longer stay in australia now. I would like to buy plastic crucific from ORLM but found the shipping cost is too expensive, using UPS, does anyone can help me how to send these with the lowest cost.
patricia rita

Postby raymond gassmann » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:34 am

Check out the Postal Service flat rate boxes. I've always had the best luck with the USPS. One day I shipped a rosary to a friend in Iowa and another to a friend in Italy. It was cheaper to send the rosary to Italy.

LL&P
Raymond
raymond gassmann

Packing Mission Rosaries

Postby lindabean55 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:13 pm

I have been doing this for a few years, and have found that I can pack 100 plastic & cord rosaries in a Flat Rate Priority Mail flat cardboard envelope. The most I can get into a small Flat Rate Priority Mail box is 50. The cost for mailing is the same, a little less than $13. That has been the most economical way I've found to send them.
The problem I'm grappling with now is the new Customs Declaration and Dispatch Note form CP72. I have no idea what EEL number to put. I've gone to the US Customs site as suggested on the form, but can't find anything matching Plastic Cord Rosaries. What are y'all putting on that form?
"If you don't stand for something - You'll fall for anything"
lindabean55

Postby David Ford » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:50 pm

For anyone interested, if you are using the new Customs Declaration form, you should be able to put NOEEI §30.37 in the EEL/PFC code box, which is for low value shipments outside of Canada. If you are sending something to Canada, use NOEEI §30.36. Hope this helps.
David Ford
Site Admin

New USPS Customs Form

Postby lindabean55 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:16 am

Thanks for the response, David. I'm taking 2 Priority Flat Rate Envelopes in to USPS after lunch, and will use the code you suggested. The other thing I missed when filling out the form is that Block 4 is the value of each item, not the total value. Since the materials cost about 7 cents and the labor is volunteer, I'm going to value each at 8 cents, and my total value for 100 rosaries at $8.00. I'll post how my attempt at mailing (3rd one for this package of rosaries in a week) works out.
Linda Mc
lindabean55

New USPS Customs Forms NOT REQUIRED

Postby lindabean55 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:13 pm

I finally got my 2 Flat Rate Priority Mail envelopes mailed out after doing battle with my local post office. I went there today with all the new forms filled out & print outs from the USPS site about the ways to mail to the 2 countries I was mailing to. Bottom line is that the new forms are NOT required, so content codes are not needed. All we need is the little green form we have always used. I still don't think my local Post Master understands it, but his computer said OK, so he took my money and Priority Mail envelopes and I'm happy. Now I can start moving out my stock pile of Mission Rosaries. Hope I didn't add to anyone else's confusion.
lindabean55

Return to Foreign Missions