Need information about sending Rosary

Discuss giving rosaries to foreign missonaries. Ask and answer questions about customs, duties, mailing options, and your recent communications with the foreign missions.

Need information about sending Rosary

Postby ljlmgann » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:52 pm

I have in the past made rosary with a group from our church, but I would like to send them direct. What are the instructions if any on doing that, and do we have the rosary blessed before mailing them. are there any specific mailing instructions?
Thank you in advance for any Help!
God Bless
Lynn
ljlmgann

Postby rosemarie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:11 pm

jmjt
Hello Lynn,

What I have done is follow the shipping instructions closely given on OLRM website in the Mission Network section. You can get a free flat rate box from the post office. I have used the 11"x8 1/2"x5 1/2" box. I was able to get 210 rosaries in it, the cost to ship internationally is approx. $39 and in the US $10.

This is a personal thing but I have my rosaries blessed before I send them and include a note to the recipient that they have been blessed. For me it's like insurance, it simply makes me feel they have a greater chance of getting to their destination. Good luck & God bless, rosemarie
Immaculate Heart of Mary, Cause of our joy, lend us your Heart+ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
rosemarie

Return to Foreign Missions