Is it okay to make wire rosaries for foreign missions?

Discuss giving rosaries to foreign missonaries. Ask and answer questions about customs, duties, mailing options, and your recent communications with the foreign missions.

Is it okay to make wire rosaries for foreign missions?

Postby Leslie » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:45 am

I know it is more time and cost effective to make cord rosaries, but I think the wire rosaries are so much nicer. Is it okay to make and send the wire rosaries to foreign missions?

Thanks,
Leslie
Leslie

Postby rosemarie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:27 am

I'm sure it's OK. I had recently made a new rosary making friend and I was telling her how much I like making the wire mission rosaries more than the cord. She made a good point about sending wire rosaries to the missions.

At times wire rosaries can be pulled apart and it would be much harder for them to find the tools to fix them. But with a cord rosary, if it fell apart, the components could be collected and a simple piece of string is all that would be needed to put it back together.

Food for thought!!!
Immaculate Heart of Mary, Cause of our joy, lend us your Heart+ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
rosemarie

Postby Leslie » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Thank you. I thought of the same thing after my son pulled on my chain rosary, tearing a link open. Also, I spoke with someone who was on a mission one summer in Aftrica (I think). He said somekid he was helping liked the hat he was wearing and he gave the kid his hat. The hat had to be taken away because they said the kid would be in danger of being beaten up or killed over it. It was a name brand baseball cap. I thought that perhaps a chain rosary may pose the same risk.

So, I am finally getting a hang of the cord ones. I thought maybe I would send a mix overseas or save the chain ones for those locally that need them.
Leslie

Return to Foreign Missions