Making Rosaries?!

Share your inspiring stories here!

Moderator: Moderators

Making Rosaries?!

Postby ohbabyletmebe » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:26 am

Natividad Castillo was my best friend in high school. However, I haven't seen her since 1958. The magic of the Internet got us "reconnected" when a mutual friend found her email address. In August, to celebrate my birthday, I went to Halifax, Nova Scotia, with my friend Natividad. Remarkably, despite years of living in Canada, she has remained the same wonderful and sweet person. We had a lot to talk about during our trip, but she also had time to teach me how to make a rosary. After my trip, I decided I was going to make rosaries, thinking it is such an easy and fun thing to do! NOT! I did not know that the easiest part is threading, but choosing the right beads and the right colors required an artistic mind. Thankfully, God remembered that I wanted to be an "artist" after high school. Because of financial reasons, instead, I became an accountant, then a US Navy corpsman, then a nurse. I forgot about wanting to be an artist. I have dedicated my life to nursing care now. I hardly ever draw or sketch or paint anymore. But God is so SMART, He figures "Why should I let his artistic talents go to waste? He is going to make the most beautiful rosaries for me!" And indeed, I have. I have spent most of my hours off work working on rosaries of unbelievable color and bead combinations. When people see my rosaries, they go, "Wow!" For my rosaries, in their off-beat colors and design, are an expression of being BOLD for the Lord! I praise and thank the Lord for finally listening to my prayers of wanting to be an artist. Praise God!
I CAN'T DO EVERYTHING. BUT EVERYTHING I DO, I CAN DO IT WITH LOVE.
ohbabyletmebe

Postby OurLadysServant » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:11 am

wow, that's so awesome!
OurLadysServant

Postby 19honu62 » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:54 am

Hey Oh Baby,

I'm curious about your comment " remarkably, despite years of living in Canada..... " Is there something bad about living in Canada? LOL!

Have a great day!

Chris
people don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care!
19honu62

Re: Making Rosaries?!

Postby 59beads » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:13 am

What a story! I too have found my artistic calling fulfilled in the rosary endeavor. I was a US Navy Dental Tech and went on to become a dental hygienist. when I signed up for the Navy, they said that since I had high verbal skills as well as very good "fine mechanics", I would be good at dentistry. I told them I wanted to be an artist. I've been making rosaries for almost 20 years now.

thanks for sharing your story about finding your friend.
59beads

Return to Personal Tales