Rosie the Rosary Maker & the Abortion War

Share your inspiring stories here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rosie the Rosary Maker & the Abortion War

Postby Karen » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:09 am

I'm so tired & discouraged over the vast number of pro-life candidates who were defeated in yesterday's election. Last night I thought of my fasting, prayers & donations to pro-life groups & wondered why I bothered since I live in a country that puts money ahead of protecting innocent unborn souls. I was in dire need of something to calm my nerves so I picked up my rosary pliers & made chain rosaries while listening to the disheartening election returns.

Sixty-five years ago the United States had untold numbers of Rosie the Riveters working in defense plants & helping the Allies win World War II. Now I am a Rosie the Rosary Maker, arming prayer warriors around the world. How many thousands of prayers will be counted off on the beads I chained together last night? Perhaps a future owner will have times when prayers won't come, but he or she will clutch the beads all night long because the memory of prayer can be a comfort.

This morning I didn't think I had enough energy to get out of bed & face a new day. But I sat up & opened my Daily Missal to today's Mass readings. And I read: "In everything you do, act without grumbling or arguing; prove yourselves innocent & straight forward, Children of God, beyond reproach in the midst of a twisted & depraved generation -- among whom you shine like the stars in the sky while holding fast to the world of life. As I look to the day of Christ, you give me cause to boast that I did not run the race in vain or work to no purpose." (Phil 2, 14-15)

I must get ready to go to my office job. (And since I don't have Internet at home I'll need to sneak a few minutes to post this online on a work break.) This evening I'll do some moonlighting at my second job. I'll sit in the armchair in the corner of my one-room apartment & I'll be Rosie the Rosary Maker.

Time's a wasting -- I have "prayer machines" to produce. The Allies lost a battle in the Abortion War, but if I help equip the faithful to pray the rosary, victory may come a little sooner.
Last edited by Karen on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Karen

Postby rosemarie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:42 pm

jmjtr

Thank you, Karen for sharing your thoughts.

Like you, I too was making rosaries while listening to what was happening in our country. I finally had to say "Lord I surrender this election to You and may Your Will be done." and go to bed. My heart is truly broken. I guess I expected too much.

Today, like you, I feel more commited to rosary making than ever before. With spiritual warfare, we need our most affective weapon, the rosary. With Our Lady of America, may the praying of the rosary bring about the end of the Culture of Death and our Godless society. May God have mercy on America.

rosemarie aka "Rosie"
Immaculate Heart of Mary, Cause of our joy, lend us your Heart+ Blessed Teresa of Calcutta
rosemarie

Postby Mary's Garden » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:57 pm

God Bless you, Karen. Keep your chin up and your face to the Lord, for, in the end, we are all His and He is our hope and our comfort.

My 7th and 8th grade PSR class is making mission rosaries as a stewardship project this year. For Christmas I bought them a plaque that reads: "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9.

Keep it up, "Rosie", your efforts will not be in vain.
Kelly
marysgarden.citymax.com
Mary's Garden

Me too

Postby FJ_JJ » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:44 pm

My wife and I were also sadend by this. If anything, it has given us a renewed vigor to spread the wonderful devotion of the Rosary. It is more important than ever to contine to make and pray the rosary. All we can do is continue to pray and allow God's will to be done.
FJ_JJ

Postby BeadsOfPeace » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:37 am

I have been trying to find silver linings in this past election and the one thing I have come up with so far is that there will be fewer baby killers in the senate to make laws! Think of it, at least three rabid FOC supporters will be out of that position. The president can 'recommend', cajole, intimidate, and threaten, but in the end, only congress can make laws.
"The only things we take with us from our life on earth are those which we have given away."
BeadsOfPeace

Rosie the Rosary Maker on searching for silver lining

Postby Karen » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:55 pm

Dear Beads of Peace:

You are searching for a silver lining in the election results. I believe that it may be the economic downturn. Over the summer promises were made to get the Freedom of Choice act voted on and passed into law as soon as possible. However, I suspect that the country as a whole will now demand that "fixing the economy" be the top priority, and everything else will be put on hold.

Every day that this abortion "rights" abomination is delayed means one more day for us to pray for the conversion of all pro-abortion politicians. Let's use our time wisely and pray, pray and then pray some more. Each evening I pray, through the intercession of the Holy Innocents and all aborted babies, that our dear Lord touch the hearts of all pro-abortion politicians, and show them the importance of protecting the unborn.

Each time that I attend Mass I offer up my reception of the Holy Eucharist for the same purpose.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Re: Rosie the Rosary Maker & the Abortion War

Postby Karen » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:13 pm

It's four years later, and I'm remembering this Rosie the Rosary Maker post.

I'm now working at a different office job - this one only 12 hours a week. Until I find another part time job money is really tight, but I'm still tithing by giving money to my parish church, and by making an mailing rosaries.

I was sure discouraged over last night's election results, but I'll keep making my rosaries, and arming the "troops" fighting in this war against the unborn.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Return to Personal Tales