Mary's Psalter; The Holy Rosary

Share your inspiring stories here!

Moderator: Moderators

Mary's Psalter; The Holy Rosary

Postby holyrope » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:23 am

Without getting into too much detail, otherwise I'm afraid this post would become a mini-book, I'll try to keep it short. The rosary for me is a channel to heaven; an incense we offer upwards when we pray this beautiful and powerful sacramental. It began about fifteen years ago, right after I lost my mother to cancer. I came across an inspiring book that someone had given to her before she past away. I took it home and began to read it. For some unknown reason, I could not put this book down until I had finished reading it. I noticed inside the front cover was the name of the lady who had given the book to my mother and I was impelled to call her. Well, one thing led to another, and she invited me over to join her rosary prayer group. That is when my life started to change and when I became aware of God's presence everywhere. But who really brought me close to Our dear Lord, was His Mother! After time, I learned to pray the rosary with all my heart and soul; listened to every single word I recited; invisioned it in my mind and placed myself at times right there in those mysteries. It became a relationship of trust, love and total surrender to Jesus through Mary. I received signal graces at times, like the time I finished praying, I had to look around as though I'd be able to see something that was not there, the scent of roses entered my room. There is a true story in the book "Omnibus of Sources." It is 2 volumns on the life of St. Francis. In it is a story about a fellow friar of St Francis who was praying his rosary in his cell, when another friar who had entered his cell to call him to dinner found said friar kneeling praying his rosary with such fervor that when he would complete each Hail Mary an angel would lay another rose onto the crown on his head until the crown was complete with roses after he finished praying. I can truly attest with all my heart that when a person prays slowly and meditates on every word he/she is saying, even sometimes in the silence of your heart, your holy angel guardian takes those prayers up to heaven at the feet of our Dear Lady and she responds in ways that some may not realize, or She makes it known quite evidently! She loves us beyond words. All we have to do is call her name, and she hears us.
I'd love to hear from others out there about some of your experiences!
Holy Mary, ora pro nobis !
holyrope

Postby Gloria » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:58 am

Wow I love reading nice stories like this. I hope that at some point in my life I will pray the rosary meditating on every word. I hope the Blessed Mother can wrap me in her arms and take me to heaven when I die.
Gloria

Return to Personal Tales