Rosary

Share your inspiring stories here!

Moderator: Moderators

Rosary

Postby David » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:37 am

The Ministry of making corded, Mission rosaries has been one of the most rewarding experiences in life for me.

It's surely in giving that we truly receive.

Have been making rosaries for about 4 years now and have many fond memories; 13,000 corded rosaries and counting.

My enthusiasm hasn't waned; my Minsitry is still strong.

In fact, I just don't think my day is complete (even if I am busy with other things) if I don't make at least a few rosaries every day.

The smiles that rosaries bring to the recepients' faces are priceless.

Knowing that you are helping that person lead a more prayerful and Christ-centered life brings much joy.

Donating to the Missions, nursing homes, hospitals, Shrines, Churches, veterans, prisons and other places are great avenues.

As with all fellow rosary makers', we will not know the true, full impact of our Ministry until we meet God in Heaven and it is finally revealed to us.
What a Joy it will be indeed.

Some ideas:

By the Advent/Christmas season I usually have already made hundreds of Christmas themed rosaries for distribution (usually start making them in August/September).

For the Christmas corded rosaries I use green bonded cording, ivory (Hail Mary beads), red (Our Father beads

) and a gold crucifix.

For Easter I use colors of that season. Lots of bright blue's, pink's, yellow's and greens.
David
David

Re: Rosary

Postby Karen » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks for sharing. It's great to find a safe, respectable "addiction" to keep you out of trouble!
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Re: Rosary

Postby Maire » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:27 am

Thank you, David. It is wonderful to reflect on the blessing we have been given, being a rosary maker for Our Lady.
I like your color scheme for Christmas rosaries and will borrow that idea. (Of course, mine will not be on such a large scale. Thousands upon thousands of rosaries -- God bless the work of your hands!!)

Peace be with you.
LORD, let Your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in You. ~ Psalm 33:22

Knotted Cord Rosary for Troops and for Veterans:
http://www.seatofwisdom.net/rosary.htm
http://www.seatofwisdom.net/veterans.htm
Maire

Return to Personal Tales