An overwhelming desire

Share your inspiring stories here!

Moderator: Moderators

An overwhelming desire

Postby ELIZCREATIONS » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:05 am

I've been making wire and twine rosaries for years now. I sell them and give them as gifts. Several months ago I started having this overwhelming desire to become involved with rosaries and my parish. I joined my parish Legion of Mary and love it, but am still left with this desire almost nagging feeling that that is not enough. I feel like I should be repairing rosaries and teaching people to make rosaries as a group. Its odd I see in my mind getting together with youth and teaching them how to make twine rosaries and setting up after mass and repairing broken rosaries. I'm not quite sure exactly how to do this or get it going. I've read on here something about a rosary guild and maybe that's what I need to be a part of.. Or maybe I'm reading into it too much. IDK.. But this feeling that what I am doing isn't enough just won't go away. sometimes it's barely there while other times feeling in my chest. You know the one when u've forgotten something but not quite sure what it is.. That's what it feels like and when I think about it and don’t ignore it the thoughts of working with rosary by showing its beauty in not just the meditation and prayer sense but also in the physical form as well. Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. At this point I think I need guidance.
ELIZCREATIONS

Re: An overwhelming desire

Postby Karen » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm

I admire your wanting to share your faith, and your love of the rosary. I've never started (or even joined) a guild, so I can't give you any advice on that.

Have you talked to those in the Legion of Mary about your desire to teach rosary making, or spread devotion to the rosary? Perhaps talking to the person (or persons) in charge of your parish religious education would be helpful. You may be able to give a talk to one or more of the classes.

Perhaps you could put an announcement in the church bulletin, asking if anyone would be interested in starting a rosary guild.

I will pray for you, that you will find the right way to honor, and serve, Our Lady.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Return to Personal Tales