the book "101 Inspirational Stories of the Rosary"

Share your inspiring stories here!

Moderator: Moderators

the book "101 Inspirational Stories of the Rosary"

Postby annemarie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:28 pm

If you want a great book to read, try Sr. Patricia Proctor's book, "101 Inspirational Stories of the Rosary". I helped her edit this book a few years ago and it has lots of stories about people whose lives were changed or touched in a profound way by the rosary.

I was blessed to have helped Sister Patricia edit four other books of inspirational stories. "101 Inspirational Stories of the Priesthood", "201 Inspirational Stories of the Eucharist", "101 Inspirational Stories of the Sacrament of Reconciliation", and her most current book that came out in May of this year, "101 Inspirational Stories of the Power of Prayer".

Sister Patricia is a Poor Clare nun who lives in a monastery in Spokane Washington. She has a very sweet daily e-mail that you can subscribe to for free that I just love. Everyday she chats a bit about life as a cloistered nun, and, believe me, life in the monastery can be quite a lively place! She is always so humanly candid about her life, and becomes an instant friend.

If you want to check her website out, try going to calledbyjoy.com. I highly recommend giving her free daily joynotes subscription a try - she is fun and has some very inspiring things to share.
annemarie

Book

Postby FJ_JJ » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:38 pm

This is a truely wonderful work that is clearly inspired by the Holy Spirit. Thank you!
FJ_JJ

Sr. Patricia and calledbyjoy.com

Postby Annemariels » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:05 pm

I just went to Sr. Patricia's calledbyjoy.com website and saw that you have to scroll waaay down to the bottom of the page to subscribe to her lovely free newsletter. It says that joynotes is on break for the summer, but it seems I have been receiving her joynotes - that includes her blog post - a couple of times a week.

She is in the process of creating another book with stories about Catholics who left and then returned to our faith, and has been polling her readers about what title they think it should be. It won't be long before she starts collecting stories, so if you have one to contribute, you might want to figure out how to subscribe to her joynotes. By the way, she just started a permanent blog at www.faithandfamilylive.com - I'm not sure how you'd track it down - maybe search the site? Her blog there is what has been sent to us newsletter people. She is worth the chase!
Be kinder than necessary - everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
Annemariels

Return to Personal Tales