Hidden Blessings

Share your inspiring stories here!

Moderator: Moderators

Hidden Blessings

Postby Karen » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:25 pm

I am going through a difficult time. I was terminated from an unpleasant part time job back in January, and next week unemployment compensation from my former full-time job runs out. I may or may not be able to collect a small amount of unemployment benefits from my part time work. (I'm unmarried, and live alone, so there is no one to help pay bills.)

I've been praying and job hunting, trying not to worry or to feel overwhelmed about all the "what ifs" in my future.

Sunday morning before Mass I was praying the rosary in front of the Tabernacle. My prayer intention was that I be aware of God's often-hidden blessings, and that I know His Will for my life. I was praying the Glorious Mysteries, and during the mystery of Jesus' Ascension to Heaven I was in tears as I pondered how we want to cling to what is safe and familiar in our lives, instead of letting go so that we can go on to what will be better for us.

I had just moved on to the mystery of the Descent of the Holy Spirit when the latest of my church' s temporary part-time parochial administrators came over to the Tabernacle where I was kneeling. (My small rural parish hasn't had a full-time pastor since Christmas.) Fr. Prez asked me if I would be willing to make some altar cloths for the church; if so they could "put me on the payroll" for awhile.

In the past I had made draperies and slipcovers for a living, so an altar cloth is well within my skill range, so I said I could do that. (I live in a tiny efficiency apartment so there's no room to start a home-based sewing business, but I have made an altar cloth at home before.)

Isn't that odd timing – there I was in tears as I tried to really be open to letting go of life as I want it to be, and I was asked if I wanted to earn some money.

Now what had been my rosary intention? Oh, yes – being aware of God's blessings in my life.
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Re: Hidden Blessings

Postby toomuchyarn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Karen,

I am glad to hear of yuor hidden blessing. I frequently pray the rosary if I awaken in the middle of the night. I have beem reading your posts and frequently pray for you during these midnight rosaries.

Marguerite
toomuchyarn

Postby Karen » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:50 pm

Marguerite, thank you for your prayers.
Karen
"Remember that you are the guardians of beauty in the world."
Pope Paul VI - Message to Artists
Karen

Postby Maire » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 pm

Karen, thank you for the beautiful stories of faith that you share with us. Our Lord will continue to provide for you.
You are remembered in my prayers as well.

Mary
LORD, let Your mercy be on us, as we place our trust in You. ~ Psalm 33:22

Knotted Cord Rosary for Troops and for Veterans:
http://www.seatofwisdom.net/rosary.htm
http://www.seatofwisdom.net/veterans.htm
Maire

Return to Personal Tales