Global Living Rosary

Link to articles about the Rosary, and rosary making here.

PLEASE DO NOT PLACE A COPYWRITED ARTICLE IN THIS AREA. LINKS ONLY!

Moderator: Moderators

Global Living Rosary

Postby OLRM » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:26 am

Here's a great article from Catholic.org:

http://www.catholic.org/diocese/diocese ... p?id=27478
OLRM Staff
OLRM International Center
Louisville, KY | USA
OLRM
Site Admin

Postby LMRK » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:09 pm

It was so beautiful!

There were several different musical groups (choirs, bands, etc.) singing traditional as well as contemporary music, a hand choir who signed the entire event. There were people from all over the globe dressed in native attire who said an Ave in their native tounge (it was an international rosary), bishops from both sides of the state line, prayer boxes from parishes all over the Kansas and Missouri diocese (if not the entire states). There were Knights of Columbus, Knights of Peter Claver, Monks from Conception Abbey, Priests, Nuns, Seminary Students, it was an awsome procession for the Feast of Corpus Christi.

Also, there was a Divine Mercy statue that was...I don't know...maybe two stories high? That was beautiful! It was outside the ballpark and is being moved to a church in the KC-St. Jo Diocese, I think.

If you ever get a chance to attend one of these or to volunteer to help, I encourage you to do so, it's wonderful. It seems there is another one planned, but I cannot recall where or when it will be.

The only ...um... very welcomed, but different thing was that all of the bottled water that was donated and given away (no selling of anything was allowed) was from the Catholic Cemetaries Association (or similar)... it was extremely generous and very needed as it was HOT and humid, but it was different.
LMRK

Return to Rosaries in the news